what bars in Tokyo is showing Argentina play in October

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Diego Maradona, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    on 11th and 15th October in the WC 2010 qualifiers in

I am hope some peeps can help me find a bar

2. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    come one man, someone please help me here

3. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    It might be because nobody knows for sure? It's the south american qualifier right? It's like asking in Argentina where I can watch Japan NT play against Thailand. There probably are some around, but you'd be asking an awkward question.

There's a bar called Hub in Shibuya, they do football a lot so they might show it there. There's another one just off Harajuku called "Jipangu" (not sure how that was spelled Zipangu?) but mostly the ones I've seen there are Japan games. Another I know is a local one I used to go to in Hanakoganei (on Seibu-shinjuku line, overground) called Ajikurabu, but it's likely not worth going that far out unless you happened to live nearby. I'm sure there are shedloads more in the central area (inside the Yamanote line circle).

It's probably more appropriate to find out first if any broadcaster in Japan has purchased the license to show Argentina qualifiers. No point in looking for a bar if the games weren't on the waves.

4. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am gonna watch Japan play Uzbeckistan live on 15th October

Anyone else wanna meet up as its my first time in JPN

I am gonna sit in the lower home stand

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: I am gonna watch Japan play Uzbeckistan live on 15th October

Please restrain from making multiple threads for a single topic.

6. NotQuiteNorse

NotQuiteNorse New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    asia
    Club:
    --other--
    Haha, ok here's topic to take me out of lurk mode. Tokyo has more bars than a man could visit in a lifetime. Foreign style ones tend to high high price tabs compared to your typical salaryman dive though so watch out.

For this game specifically you might be out of luck, but in general the Footnik in Ebisu (right near Good Day Book used english book store!) is a good dedicated soccer spot. They've pissed me off by being closed during a game once in a while, but are usually ok and have their schedule posted online.

Patty Foley's in Roppongi is like freakin' gaikokujin central and also can fill this role for a variety of events.

Hub Pubs are located just about everywhere in the Tokyo area, even the burbs have them sometimes. For the most part they all provide the same relatively spacious relatively sterile environment (except the one in Asakusa which has a thing for jazz). They show football matches regularly, but don't usually do more than have some small tvs on mute around the pub. Not really recommended for this purpose. I would recommend the novelty of buying booze in graduated cylinders however.

Also, The Morrigans in Yotsuya is sometimes a good place for games. Usually they aren't showing in a official capacity, but the staff doesn't mind if you commandeer the big tv for your whims since nobody else seems to use it. The place is also usually easy to get a big table at, only sparsely populated by Jouchi students.

7. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks but since I am by myself I dont know if they would accomdate me.

I would love to watch the Arg match on 15th Ovctober but since I am gonna watch the JPN match that same day, all I can do is hope the time diff between will be alright.

8. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    That you're being on your own shouldn't be a problem unless you are who your user name implies,in which case I recommend surrounding yourself with at least a dozen body guards to handle the fans.You are very well-known here,sir,and I'll show you around the city for an autograph.

I don't know the exact time of kick-off but Chile-Brazil match today started around 10 AM JST which should give you an idea.

9. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hehe, if he is who he says he is and lives in London I'm sure he's got a whole security firm with him. :D

Anyway, hope it all works out for you. Sorry there weren't many replies here, but I think most of us just don't really know the info you're seeking -- at least I know I don't.
    Though I think I've been in that pub in Roppongi ... my memorys a little hazy after bar and club hopping, but I seem to recall getting a pint of guinness. I remember nonchalantly handing the bartender senen expecting some change only to find him waiting for me to cough up another bill =O I didn't order a 2nd pint.

10. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for the help guys, I hope I get to see the matches and I am def looking forward to see Japan vs Uzbeckistan play live in the Tokyo stadium ?