What are the foreigner rules for the MFL?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by superdave, Feb 20, 2003.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How in hell could Batman draw Superman?!?!?! Superman would kill him, no doubt!!

Thanks everyone for elucidating the rules.

You guys know the scene...in the case of a hypothetical Chivas LA, would the MFL allow that team to count Yanks as non-internationals, or would they allow Yanks to count as locals for all teams? How would that go over in Mexico?

2. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Here's a stat from Chilangoland/Mcallister world Atlas and Silly Trivia compendium:

92.8 % of USA born citizens believe Superman would totally destroy Batman in a fair fight. (Fair meaning no Kryptonite.)

71.3 % of Mexican born USA citizens born on a Tuesday under a full moon while the wolf's bane blooms say that Batman has a fighting chance.

51.1 % of Mexicans who were born in Mexico and have only read Kaliman comics don't give a crap one way or the other.

12.9 % of folks who meet none of the above descriptions and who believe that statistics lie anyway and that polls can yield any result based on the polling question think that they are victims of a society that doesn't give a rat's ass about them and that it would be really cool if Superman and Batman really existed and could save this planet from destruction.

3. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess, as I think that's all anyone can do here, is that if they where in the MFL they would be under the same rules regardless of being located in LA.
    I don't know what FIFA would think of all this.
    I don't think they will like it much.

This Post is FIFA Approved

BTW: A lot of the posts in this thread apply to this one also.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33008

4. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Rdl may want to add Placido Domingo to his list. Spanish ancestry but Mexican and proud of it. I believe Frida Kahlo's father was a German Jew. Henryk Szering settled not in New York but Mexico City after WW II. But these situations are not so common.
    I have been in Mexico 15 times and visited almost all the big cities. On the subway in Mexico City alone I must have seen 100,000 Mexicans. The only blacks I have ever seen in Mexico were among the 155 Americans at the U.S. Qualifier in Azteca Stadium in July, 2001.
    Mexico City does have a Chinatown, a tiny one near the Alameida. There are Chinese people there and a couple of restaurants. But it is tiny, smaller than Havana's.
    Mexico is more tolerant than many other Latin American countries. I believe that Argentina, for example, murdered every single black person in the country between 1915 and 1920, and hardly anyone outside Argentina knows about it. Ask an Argentine what happened to Buenos Aires's vibrant black neighborhoods in 1910 and you will get the "they all intermarried" baloney. But they know what happened.
    Top Mexican politicans used to have Indian roots. Benito Juarez was a full-blooded Indian. But I think Lazaro Cardenas was the last leader with indiginous blood. Recent Presidents have gotten whiter and whiter.
    In the artiistic community, the great composer Blas Galindo was a full-blooded Indian, but most of the other famous ones had European roots. I believe that Diego Rivera had mestizo ancestors.

5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Re: What are the foreigner rules for the MFL?

Ugh, San Miguel de Allende would be so much nicer without the issues it faces.