What an utter embarrassment...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Badattitude, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Just got back from the match and we made fools of ourselves....Barca had the ball THE WHOLE FRIGGIN GAME! this was no Friendly! this was a humbling A _ _ whipping! NO team in the MLS has looked this bad v.s. a Euro club...and the fans all cheered for Barca...What a joke - and that smug faced Arena sat their chuckling like a fool with his arms folded - snuffin and puffin to himself like he's above it all...Get off the bench and do something you clown! that's why you got canned bro! Nobody likes this guy! how could ya?
    We weren't prepared at all....we looked silly....

2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What can he do?

it's the ********ing talent that has been put together.

It's gonna take a bit for that to change.

But yes, right on all other counts

pure and utter humiliation. MOstly for the fact that even Real is tied with Real. Why where we the onlny team who lost and lost badly in this whole tour?

3. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    I don't know - but dude when you see how Barca held the football - it was a joke - it was like we were a High School team - no plan - no shots - no attack - you bet Barca brass were a bit upset that we did not challenge them a bit like Club America did - get them ready ...Tonite was about entertaining us...I just can believe how they held the ball - i can't say it enough...thye were trying things like you would on FIFA or PES...they were giggling to each other about us...terrible.
    Arena got thumped again by Europe ...

4. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    Did you really expect something else other than the result? Sure technically we could have played better but odds were that we were going to get blown out, and thats exactly what happend.

they're stacked and they showed it tonight

5. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    I noticed that RBNY dropped back routinely in a nice, orderly fashion and kept their shape pretty well in their defensive third, BUT the only problem with that was it appeared to be EXACTLY the wrong thing to do. Barca was exploiting the space and shape that RBNY was showing them the whole second half. Everytime Barca got the ball in the second half Red Bull was basically conceding the entire field all the way back to their own box and saying "Okay, lets see you do that again."

It was like watching a basketball team that is being torn to shreds by the pick and roll and not only doesn't make adjustments to try and defend against it, but doesn't even appear to understand what the other team is doing.

Granted that this was Ronaldino and Messi working them, but I had the impression that Red Bull was actually doing everything they could to make it harder on themselves.

6. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I disagree and was at the game as well...guess your BS soccer name tells it all Badattitude...first of all the Red Bulls weren't that bad...outclassed for most of the game...sure...but the Bulls played well the last 25 minutes of the 1st half... and the crowd applauded the Bulls good play...ie.. Edson Buddle's rocket shot that almost put the Bulls ahead prior to halftime... as far as Bruce is concerned the man just started coaching the team on Monday...what the f..k do you want him to do? In any case... in the 2nd half Barca changed the entire team with even better players...Messi was terrific ...but Marvel held his won on the right side and that was no penalty I am sorry and great dive by E'to...and a gift from ref. Kevin Stott... and Dema looked very good and he will definitely help the Bulls... this game didn't mean anything and the one that counts is on Wed vs. DC...

7. Twellman20

Twellman20 New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    NJ
    Hey stupid Dont you think if Bruce Arena really wanted to win this stupid friendly he would have kept all the starters. Obviously, he does not care about friendly's and just wanted everyone of his players to get a chance to play. Were you paying attention that Bruce made subsitutions... Bruce had Reserve players playing against the best club in the world. So the result is not surprising. If the other teams would have taken out the starters, it would have been similar results. So just relax...

8. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Stop stop stop...you're making a mockery of yourself....if not for some grat stops by Meola it could have been 9-1 - we got thumped bro...we only looked okay for a few minutes b/c we turtled like Team USA did...a Bruce special..his 'try and hang in " approach is crap.

9. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Didn't notice too much of that but I did see the team in white standing around waiting for the ball to find them rather than running into space creating chances. The defense looked solid in the first half, but once Dunivant was taken out the left side of the field was Barca's for the taking. A 4-1 friendly loss to Barcelona translates into what, a 2-0 league loss?

10. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    You stop Badattitude and crawl back into your turtle shell...the only one making a mockery of themselves is you... you say "we" as if you are a Red Bul fan but you don't sound like one to me..maybe you are better off just watching Barca and become a fulltime eurosnob...we need to help build the RBNY team and idiotic posts like yours don't help...look at the other posts on the other RBNY thread on the game...your views are in the minority... and you forget or play down that we scored against the great Barca and played reserves in the second half against Messi and co... and stop ragging on Bruce he is in his first week w/ this team...

11. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    Look, there are always two points of view to every match. If you were there to watch Barca, you would have seen the numerous quality chances squandered by million dollar talent. You would have also seen the great goals set up by quality passing by million dollar talent.

If you were there to watch Red Bull, you would have also seen some quality chances. Balls over the top to set up breakways for Buddle who then squandered the chances by not shooting early enough. You would also have seen a great game by Henderson and some of his best crosses to date go screaming across the front of the goal just missing our forward players heads and feet(similar crosses were also made and missed by Barcas forward players). You would also have seen the Red Bulls defense get beaten by million dollar talent but also see them stone wall those same players time and time again. I can't imagine how you could miss that unless you were only trying to focus on the bad things you could squeeze out of this match.

It seems you have a grudge against our coach and thats fine. However, we have a real game vs. DC on Wednesday and our best players needed to be subbed out. I'm not exactly sure what you expected to see tonight.

12. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Please read the words I am typing here Bad Attitude

IT

WAS

JUST

A FRIENDLY

Another Shmuck

13. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One word WRONG

14. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Stop - we made clowns of ourselves....it was painfully obvious - we disgraced the MLS badge.

15. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    WHo cares, it was a friendly. Meaninless.

The more important game is on Wednesday night.

16. TheDuffer

TheDuffer New Member

May 1, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    everyone is taking it to seriously. enjoy the game for the beautiful play of ronaldinho, messi and some shinning Red Bull moments. We got beat by one of the best clubs in the world, and we hung in with them for 45 minutes. a good performance that will lead to better league play

17. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Honestly, I care. I was hurting after the last goal. This was a game that could've done away with one or two of those goals if this team had just played to their expectations.

That said, I am getting a full night's sleep tonight.

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I enjoy wins. Soccer is a not a museum.

It's like saying we should be happy for the honor of losing to DC because they connect on so many more passes than us.

19. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care if I get a card. You are a moronic asshole and have no ********ing clue

20. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

May 30, 2005
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly after 11 years of the team's existance, if you can't take Metro giving up some goals to the likes of Ronaldinho and Messi, then frankly you're watching the wrong team friend. :D

21. SpassMacher2000

Jun 15, 2006
    you guys are all idiots for thinking this was an utter embarrasment. They were playing the best team in Europe, and therefore the world, WHAT THE ******** DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? I was at this game, and I saw a first half that was played extremely well by Red Bull. The goal they had was amazing. They were getting a lot of chances and pressing very well. Meola played a great first half and almost got the save on the PK. Sure, the 2nd half sucked, but I don't care. I'm a bigger fan of the Red Bulls after watching this game.

22. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is only one poster who thinks it was an embarrassment. Most of us thought the team did very well, considering the competition. It was the first time in a long time when I left GS proud of the team.

23. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    I personally think the team did fine.. The full backs should probably have backed off a bit, recognizing the speed that Barcelona was bringing up the middle, as opposed to trying their luck with the offsides trap.. (If that's what they were doing, perhaps Barca was that quick it just appeared RedBull was playing a trap).. When faced with speed, a trap doesn't usually work.. You have to create a bumper of space to account for your breakdowns.. I thought RedBull did tremendously well with Parke (60th overall pick in the draft, last pick made) and Mendes (Midseason pickup last year from Rhinos, where he wasn't a stand out).. What are you going to do?? It wasn't an embarrassment you tool, merely a case of the backline being exposed and Barcelona having amazing depth!

24. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is funny. But i knew somebody here would take this game too seriously.

25. Frame

Frame Member

Nov 25, 2003
    NYC
    I don't think it was embarrassing, but it didn't look at all good. I watched it on tv, and there was 5-10 minutes when NY looked threatening. Otherwise, it was like a Premiership club playing a good amateur team in the FA Cup. At one point, Bara strung something like 30 passes together while RB seemed content just to watch. I'll be curious to see whether this affair gives the Wed night attendance a boost or has negligible impact. NY didn't hold together as a team on offense, and Buddle disappointed (with one exception near the end of the first half) on the clear shots he had. Still, experience-wise, it'll be a positive for players like Wynne and Park (and thank the gods for Meola in the first half - otherwise it well could have been an embarrassing score).