Westworld Season 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Dante, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I had no idea until now that Ben Barnes was British! What the ********? :confused:

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    When the pre-credit sequence was just starting out (really up until the tiger part) I thought that Katja Herbers was playing a younger version of Theresa Cullen. But now it's clear she is in the same time-line as those characters in the immediate aftermath of the hosts' uprising. It was sort of confirmed with the Bengal tiger washing up together with her at the same spot where Bernard (who might be Teddy in disguise) and his companions (the crisis manager and his soldiers) found the "animal" just in the last episode.

I laughed at Dollar Store Jack Elam being reprogrammed into the most pure of white hats. :D

Not sure what Wyatt/Dolores' long-term game is, but even more confused why she feels the need to alienate Teddy.

Why is Clementine acting so weird? Are the hosts that were taken out of cold storage on some sort of limited program?

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    My initial thought was she was a host as well and had become enlightened. But the more I read, it might be William's daughter. Also, read that the Ghost Nation might have been reprogrammed by Elise (who was last seen being killed by host Bernard, I thought) to protect humans, which is one of the reasons they wanted Lee.

Belgian guy repped this.
  5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Interesting theory. Ashley Stubbs did come upon some of them at the end of season one and we never really got an explanation as to how he escaped. Also, Grace's story-line would be pretty useless if her arriving at the shore only to find the Indians waiting for her was the end of it.

6. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So we got to see another park. Victorian India. The only attraction I can see for going there would be for racists??? 6 parks. Westworld, India & now Japan. Presumably two others are Roman times and Medieval Times as in the movie? So whats the last?

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    One internet theory seems to be some sort of "future world".

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. I think the target audience would be people who want to go to a place where they are "in charge." It could have been a rich person in ancient Rome, but maybe Delos thought stuff like plumbing and weaponry were too primitive.

Belgian guy repped this.
  9. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So go there and get Delhi Belly instead?

For me the parks i'd be interested in would be Westworld, Roman World and a WW II one.

Dante repped this.
  10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Storm the beaches of fake Normandy and then eat some C-rations? The rustic experience? :D:p:ROFLMAO:

Dante repped this.
  11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love a Roman world, I'd be all over that. Roman, Shogun and a WWII would be great.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Parks I would also enjoy:
    One set in the early 17th century France. Think the Three Musketeers
    One set in a fictional Egypt sometime during the Ptolemaic dynasty
    Pirates of the Caribbean world
    Troy world

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ancient Athens.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Late 15th/early 16th century Rome. Think the Borgias.

15. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Don a long leather jacket and put the fear of God into some Belgians.

Belgian guy repped this.
  16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    ok, so Elsie reprogramming Ghost Nation is a dead end, but they are still connected to the humans in someway. Did Ford put them there to "protect" humans?

So did Ford figure out how to put a human conscious into host like what William was testing with James Delos? Was Arthur's consciousness implanted into the host Bernard instead of having memories "programmed" by Ford?

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I liked how in the second conversation between William and James Delos, they had subtly aged up Jimmi Simpson's look.

The Bernard wrinkle is an interesting one. There is no obvious candidate to have his consciousness transferred other than Robert Ford. William seems to have more of a death wish than a wish for eternal life. Bernard also mentioned he was there on the behest of Ford in his partial relaying of his memories to Elsie.

How long had the James Delos host been there? Was that still the same one as the 149th iteration? Are we then to assume that the third scene between James and William happened only days prior to he massacre at Ford's party?

This was the most introspective episode of season two but probably also the most interesting.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would assume not long after since the kid that had told Delos that he had a visitor was dead in the lab, they showed his body lying near Delos' living quarters.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I know, but since the first technician was there for both of the first two scenes (the woman), we have to assume that she worked in that job for at least seven years. So the kid might also have been there for a decently long time.

Also, if the mind plateaus and degrades, it seems a bit random to then have James Delos go all "Event Horizon" on us. Wouldn't it have made more sense for the James Delos host to have gone completely catatonic instead of turning into some sort of monstrous form of itself? I get why the latter option is more spectacular for a TV show. But I think something more subtle might have been more interesting and rewarding in the end.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    [​IMG]

This is very informative, a timeline of the events so far.

Bluto11, superdave and Dante repped this.
  21. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Pretty sure that thats what happened with Bernard all right. Also Fords consciousness is floating out there.

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I believe the little ball that was being printed by that machine - in Bernard's flashback - was in fact the datacore to Ford's consciousness.

23. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    superdave and Belgian guy repped this.
  24. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Lost left me permanetly scared. this season is starting to remind me of Lost. Lots of twists nice stories and a smoke monster of ai.