Weston starts against Gladbach 8/17

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by madvillain, Aug 17, 2019.

1. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Weston coming off, not really sure what else he could have done today given how poor his team was. Just a solid defensive shift, nothing more nothing less.

2. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Oofff... waste of 2 hours of my life... I might be going to the Dynamo tonight too... I guess I’m just a masochist

3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That match was tough to watch.

4. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finished 0-0...thought Wes played well for the time he was on. I only saw him make one clear defensive mistake, but it came to nothing in the end. You can also tell he's trying to sharpen himself after having to battle back to fitness.

Wagner will put this team in a better position to get some goals. They played a bit apprehensively because they were away and know they're gonna have to scrap for those points. Window is still open if push comes to shove. :)

wixson7 repped this.
  5. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I can feel your pain.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that looked like a mediocre MLS match. It was really rare for either team to string together even 4 passes.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    *paging Hovath's agent*

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Thought he was solid in midfield, tidy in possession..if not fairly conservative, But he showed some nice plays in open field and also in tight quarters. Didn’t make many playmaking type of passes but was typical great work rate, amazing in the air and disruptive in the middle.

Great to see him again.

felloveranddidanadu and Deeneaus repped this.