Western North Carolina Watching Gathering?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by AlecW81, Mar 12, 2007.

1. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I write this knowing full-well it'll be moved to the Non-Locals sub-forum, but here goes.

Looking for any United supporters in Western North Carolina to get together to watch the Chivas Match this Thursday Night. I don't know of any real soccer-friendly bars in the Asheville area, but if anyone else does, give me a heads up. Otherwise I'll likely watch the match at a Mexican restaurant in town, where the Chivas fans are likely to shank me by night's end.

2. LeedsAndDc

LeedsAndDc www.the2gs.com

Jan 9, 2006
    Annapolis
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a place downtown called the Bier Garden (Haywood St?)round the corner from the Flying Frog. Big screen TVs - standing room only for the World Cup final. They have FSC but not Setanta. The Original Steak House up on the hill on Hendersonville road supposedly has Setanta but I have not been there yet.

I don't live there, but since my better half is from there, I find myself looking for a good screen from time to time. Saw the Manchester/Chelski match at the Garden in November...

3. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd imagine the bier garden and every other bar would have had ncaa on. which is why i ended up at the mexican place here in brevard