Westchester Flames....

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 7, 2006.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I know not a lot of us follow the PDL outside of our hometown clubs, however I thought I'd toss a little light onto the Westchester Flames.

Last season Westchester probably played some of the worst soccer within the USL. They only managed to rack up three wins and we on the wrong side of some seriously ugly defeats. The squad was a virtual revolving door of players and the results showed it. Their home park was in need of many things, including lighting which forced them to play Saturday afternoon matches. The attendance was drab and the result of no evening matches truly hurt them.

2006 was looking to be another bleak year, however they pulled out a marvelous performance this season. They really need to be applauded for turning that whole situation right way up and getting themselves deep into the playoffs. One last minute goal was all that stood in the way for what would of been a fairytale season. They knocked off some serious clubs this season and managed to put it all together in such quick fashion.

Congrats Flames ! Flame on ?

2. yure323

yure323 New Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Necropolis
    Kudos Westchester, good job. But the Brooklyn Knights are very poorly organized and the Metropolitan Oval's dimensions are like 105x62, that's ok for youth soccer, but it's very small for the PDL. Maybe a move to Jamaica,Queens would be a good idea, Belson stadium would be a fantastic stadium for PDL.
    [​IMG]

3. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

The Oval is wicked.... that place would be pure magic if they could get some actual numbers inside it. Personally I've always dug the Met-Oval...I think Nike has actually pumped a lot of money into it.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done!
    [​IMG]

kenntomasch repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes yes...the Mods don't like me starting new threads...so more what can I say?

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try this: "Is this really worth posting?"

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and what are you now the judge and jury? oh just give it a rest...

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. RobertRBodner

RobertRBodner New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
  11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    You do have the majority of the posts in this thread since it was restarted so indications are that the bump wasn't needed.

12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States