West Ham vs Spurs, PL, October 20th, 10 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs head to the Dildo Dome for a difficult derby match against a West Ham side that treats games against us as cup finals.

Some good news on the injury front: while Deli, Vertonghen and Rose are still out, Eriksen, Dembele and Aurier are available for selection.

We start a tough stretch of fixtures which will see us off to PSV Eindhoven mid-week for a must-win CL tie, followed by a home fixture against Man City on the 29th and then another trip to West Ham for a League Cup tie on Halloween.

2. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Scrappy first half. Martin Akinson is letting a lot of stuff go as you would expect.

Even before Lamela's goal, I thought Sissoko played well but that chip to Lamela was class.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    feeling rather like days of old, eh?

Phillyspur repped this.
  4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    phew. job done.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe you. ;)

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Take the 3 points and move on. Not pretty, but they took care of business against an inferior opponent.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically the same statement made v. Cardiff.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    6 of our 9 games have been away from home, but we're very much in touch at the top.

Eriksen and Dembele back in the mix, Winks stepping up, Lamela in great form. Dele Alli still to come back. We're in a good place.

Funkfoot and BalanceUT repped this.
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Kane has hardly scored since August.

BalanceUT repped this.
  10. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last week my social media was full of, 'remember this great goal against West Ham?'. They probably do something similar every week but it's close to living off past glories, innit (and who would have thought 2007 was 'past glories'?)

They keep racking up the wins, but it's not very compelling. Insert your own Bill Nick quote here. I mean, they could do this all year and win the league, and I won't complain... I think. Guess I'm a little too much of a casual these days and it's a little too early in the season.

Still as golara says, the Spammers usually put on a special effort against us. It's always entertaining to see the futile defiance in Mark Noble's eyes. And they have been a banana skin in the past, like the Leicester year when they beat us and effectively ended our chances, before the infamous Chelsea game.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Once again, without Eriksen, Son or Dele in the starting XI, we managed to grind out another 1-0 win against inferior opposition. Sissoko, who I have regularly rubbished on these threads, provided the ball of the match for Lamela's flick header. Hopefully, it is a case of improved performance from the Frenchman and not the proverbial broken clock telling the correct time twice a day.

After some poor outings, Lloris made 2 top-drawer saves off Arnautovic to preserve the points, including one in stoppage time as Sanchez switched off not for the first time this season. It looks like Hugo is back, with good performances against Cardiff and West Ham surrounding his excellent performance for France during the international break.

In attack, we didn't creat a whole lot of chances, and when we had numerous chances to hit them on the break in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, our forwards ran into dead ends or failied to pick the killer pass, a recurring theme in recent games. Hopefully that will change with the return of Eriksen.

Wouldn't mind seeing us make a swoop for their youngster Declan Rice with him currently in a contract dispute with the Dildo Brothers, if nothing else just to piss off their support.

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping that was the case all last season, but kept seeing him play less than expected apart from the odd match/moment.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    If we have a healthy squad, Sissoko doesn't figure to get much playing time.