West Ham vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Feb 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Nov 2, 2017.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  2. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This team is driving me crazy.

3. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  4. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Origi with a chance, damn. Game over 1-1, just can't figure out how we have managed to throw away our lead.

5. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team isn’t playing like they want it.

Infuriating.

CB-West repped this.
  6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entire team is off kilter - and it all started with the weird injuries in the back.

7. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    What a frustrating game. Then nearly, nearly ended with another offside goal.

8. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Annoyed Sturridge didn’t have a chance to come on and have an opportunity to rip off a few shots.

9. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why wasn’t the defense reinforced during the winter window?!?

10. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not sure what occurred on that trip to Dubhai.

11. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not trying in the cup has started it.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Media is going to have a field day with this horseshit.

CB-West repped this.
  13. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Say what you want lots more games to play etc etc etc,We've handed the initiative back to City in this Title race.(Pains me to say this though)

2 Week break in Dubai and I expected us to come back All Guns Blazing and take care of business against Leicester and West Ham and we have 2 from 6.

19 wins a piece for Us/City/Spurs...Spurs have lost 6...City 4...and yet they're right within touching distance cause like I said earlier spurs have 0 draws...City 2 draws...while we have 5...Killing Us without even knowing it.

I really don't know what to say cause if City Win Wed Night it could be a long road back if we don't start Winning Soon.

Still in Klopp we Trust.

YNWA.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  14. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah frustrating...again...team looks tired?

Wonder if that trip to Dubhai was more harmful than good?

And...the hardest part now is that we have to root for Everton and Chel$ki the rest of the week...:sick::speechless:

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too much to speculate about at this point. That's what happens when you go from potentially extending your lead to 7 pts and settling with 3 pts less than a week later. Still, too many games left to focus too much on the BS. Let's beat Bournemouth (and, for the love of Fowler, get HEALED) and leave this noise behind.

16. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupidity.

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think injuries are more problematic. Guys like Trent ,Gomez, Gini being injured has hurt us big time. They have been so key to the way we play .Then first choice replacements like Lovren and Hendo also being out exacerbates the problems.

Klopp has serious problems right now.

18. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Midfield over run, sloppy passing by Keita and Firmino.

speker repped this.
  19. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Both Salah and Firmino being off form lately is key for me, we're not shipping goals but we're just not scoring enough.

CB-West repped this.
  20. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    After the loss to City at the Etihad on Jan 3rd we were 4 points ahead...Fast fwd to Feb 5th and we are 3 points ahead...If you look at it that way ignoring the curves and bends we still have it all to play for,as long as we get out of this mini blip and start swatting away teams like early Season.

Keeping the Faith as Always but these 2 draws HURT LIKE HELL.

YNWA.

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A telling stat is One clean sheet in the last 7 for Liverpool.

Tight def during the first half of the season has been the foundation of play this year not fluid attacking. We're now leaking goals and not able to grind out wins.

russ, CB-West and EruditeHobo repped this.
  22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely correct.

These past 2 matches... quite simply LFC shouldn't have been scored on. I'm not sure what it's attributed to, psychological issues due to not being healthy (the two goals I don't think you can say come because of injuries), mental fatigue, whatever it is they are horrible mistakes that shouldn't have happened. The high line has never looked more vulnerable than in the last 10 days. On top of that the fact remains that Leicester, West Ham, and to a lesser degree Palace have played LFC better than most teams they've faced in the prem this year and I think they deserve a great deal of credit.

In reality LFC should have had a Naby pen to win against Leicester... but regardless of that, some kind of shakeup is necessary because these two teams have just laid out the blueprint for stifling LFC. Everyone is sitting deep and springing good counters, and it needs to be fixed or else the title challenge will absolutely disappear in the next 3-4 weeks.

That all said, I would have taken 3 points above City in February before the season started. The circumstances surrounding it make it difficult to swallow.

Wingtips1 and newterp repped this.
  23. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wasn't able to see the entire match but the bits I did see were pretty uneventful. Midfield has reverted to crap. Keita gets worse with every match. I thought his first match or two with us was great and it's been downhill since then. Don't know what's wrong with him. But our midfield options are pretty threadbare as the injuries start to mount. And Salah and Firmino are in a slump. Frustrating but it could've been worse.

24. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Nope, not buying the defensive performances alone. We've not been air tight but lordy we give ourselves very little margin for error lately with our attackers being off color.

But most important to me is our response here. We're Liverpool. We're going to go out and win the next game. And the next. And so on.

25. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was a really poor performance.

It doesn't help that we changed the system from a 4-2-3-1 back to a 4-3-3. Who would have thought we would ever see the midfield combination of Fabinho-Keita-Lallana. It didn't work. Lallana and Keita both had good moments but the midfield was overrun. They couldn't make a tackle and West Ham was running past them like their weren't there. Keita made some really bad decisions and defensively he was a liability. Then again, at the end of the match he was the only one pushing us forward and seemed the most likely to carve out a chance. His ball to Origi could have been the winner. This game showed how important Gini Wijnaldum is to what we do.

Firmino was way off his game today. He couldn't get any of his passes right. Bringing on Origi to play in the same position didn't make much sense. Why would we want Origi dropping so deep and playing with the ball in tight areas. Just get in the box. Shaqiri was awful when he came on.

Our defense has not looked assured in recent games. Teams are targeting our right side and its working. The defensive combination of Milner, Matip, and Lallana was a definite weakness today. We need to get it all sorted out.

speker and newterp repped this.