West Bromwich Albion v. Ipswich Town (30 Dec) [R]

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by DevilDave, Dec 30, 2006.

1. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately I'm only posting this at half-time of the match. No goals so far, not many great chances. We killed Ipswich at Portman Road not long ago, so hopefully we will put in a few goals in the second half. We might be able to pull within touching distance of a top three place today if we can win.

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    West Bromwich Albion 2 Ipswich Town 0

Koumas scores again, as does Kamara (off the rebound from a penalty) as we earn another three points at home. We did let Ipswich get a few chances, but fortunately the Tractor Boys took none.

We've climbed up to fifth in the Championship table in the last match of 2006, having passed Cardiff City. We're now within 10 points of Blues at top. We need to continue our good form at Southend on New Year's Day.

3. Re: West Bromwich Albion 2 Ipswich Town 0

Vital win. 1st half was probably the dullest i've seen this season in terms of action. We woke up in the 2nd thanks to a bit of magic down the left from Kamara to win us the penalty. Fortunately he got a rebound! Koumas scored another cracker. He and McShane were probably our two best players. Phillips again missed chances though wasting 2 one on ones. Also a note for the Ipswich fans who were by far and away the worst away support i've seen in a long time.