West Bromwich Albion v. Coventry City (16 Dec) [R]

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by DevilDave, Dec 16, 2006.

1. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I regret not starting a thread earlier, but as I write this, we're up 3-0 at half time over the Sky Blues. Kamara starting the match with a bang not even a minute in, and he's got another on a pen and Koumas our third so far.

An old acquaintance of mine, an American lawyer who is a fervent Sky Blue supporter married to a lady from Coventry, is certainly not happy at the moment.

We're level points with our East Midlands opponents, so a win today would be massive. I don't think we'll be moving far up the table today looking at other half-time results in the Championship.

2. Coventry is in the West Midlands! Bout 20 minute drive from the edge of Brum.

Fantastic display today - yet again we've dismantled a side at home - a side with a decent defensive record so i've been told. It was men against boys with everyone playing really well. The difference today was the workrate in the middle from Greening and Quashie in particular. We pressed them high up the pitch and it made them panic. Koumas was his usual brilliant self (brilliant at home anyway), Kamara caused them loads of problems and scored after 28seconds and i'm glad to say Hoult had a good game after costing us points last week. Well done lads but if they don't get a result at Plymouth todays win won't mean a thing.

3. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I need to brush up on my English geography. Leicester is clearly in the East Midlands, and I thought that Cov was as well.

It's good to know that Koumas has been developing as we had hoped he would. Now we just need the whole squad to string together consistent performances against other decent sides. A win at Plymouth next week would be a good way to start our busy and quite important Christmas fixture
    week.

Thanks to that thrashing today we currently possess the second-top goal differential in the Championship (a very mutable and unreliable statistic to be sure) but we remain 10 points behind Blues who seemingly can't be stopped at the moment.