Werder Bremen - General News Thread

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by v2j20284, Aug 26, 2010.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    In the last days there were many bad news about Werder:
    - the loss at HSV
    - Di Santo out for this year, will join training earliest possible on January 6th (Belek training camp).
    - financial situation is bad, for 2013/14 Werder produced a deficit of about 8 million €

I am most upset about the last news. Werder has earnings of more than 90 million € and the current squad costs are only 30 million €. How the hell can one have a deficit then? Fillbry states that it has to do with player buying in the past. But come on, the high cost players are already sold and should be out of the books, don't they? :confused:

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Prosit Neujahr everyone. I'm in Europe for holidays right now, and spent yesterday in Bremen. Got some new gear at Weserstadion fan shop. Will post more including pics when I get back. Cheers! :)

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Janek Sternberg signed a professional contract until summer 2017. The 22 years collected some matches this season and is fielded by Skripnik as a left back in rotation with Santiago Garcia.

5. DenverFootyFan

Jan 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news. Love to see youth succeed.

6. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you guys think of Sternberg so far? Going back to a diamond has been perfect for Gebre Selassie so we have our RB (and a good backup in Busch). LB has been a problem since as long as I remember. I thought we had found our long-term LB in Boenisch back in 2008 (I think?) but then he kept getting injured. Since then, the only LB I remember with potential was Florian Hartherz, and I'm not quite sure why he left.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Sternberg has been a steady defensive presence on the left side. Solid work rate, not as pacey but he's quite keen on player marking. His technical game and ball control is also well balanced. Looked great in the win over Hertha. Versus Leverkusen he had some challenges early on, but it's pretty standard learning curve for a youngster against a tough team. Got better as game progressed and did well to close off Bellarabi on the flank.

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Epitome990 repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Melvyn Lorenzen returns to training.

[​IMG]

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1035 Epitome990, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...kel_lorenzen-meldet-sich-schnell-zurueck.html

More info on Lorenzen, who's recovery process is well ahead of schedule. Originally estimated to be out for at least 8 weeks. So far it's only been five and he's steadily healing back to fitness. He's already taking part in a running program and practicing with the ball. In two weeks, he hopes to return in full training with the team.

Aycicek has been working hard on his return from knee problems and wants to be back in time for the Bayern game. Galvez also making progress and will begin running again in training today.

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    ... and Aycicek signed a new contract (until 2018). He is quite injury prone, but I like that Werder can currently hold the talents. :)

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1037 Epitome990, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    More positive news, Lorenzen, von Haacke, and Yildrim all return to team training this week.

[​IMG]

13. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    shots fired! :ROFLMAO:

"Wer den Schaden hat, braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen... Norddeutsche Rivalität zwischen SV Werder Bremen und dem HSV kreativ umgesetzt." "Fehlen noch 11 Gurken"

[​IMG]

"Eisenfuß" Eilts and Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1039 Epitome990, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1040 Epitome990, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Werder won 2-0 in a test match versus the Kosovo NT. It was a good exercise for many of our youngsters to get some experience with the pro lineup and also those returning from injuries. Aycicek scored on a stunning free kick to open the score. Bartels converted the second with a great volley following a nice passing sequence along the flank. I was impressed by the play of Lukas Fröde. Good overall box to box presence on both defence and offence. Reads the passing lanes well and is quite mobile for someone his height.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...mit-privattraining-zurueck-zu-den-profis.html

Marnon Busch has been working with a personal trainer for three weeks to get back into top fitness. A major focus of the workouts is to build and stabilize his leg muscles, an area which had been an issue previously. It's unfortunate how injuries have caused him to miss most of this season again. But much respect to this kid for the fight and dedication he shows. Hope we see him back soon.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Garcia will be out for a few more weeks than expected. Skripnik said that Leon Guwara could be called up and given a chance to provide as an alternative option for Sternberg as left-back. The 18 year old has looked steady since joining our reserves this season, and can cover several positions on the pitch.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Werder continuing to strengthen the club's foundations with another former player returning. Tim Borowski is hired this summer as the sporting director of the U23 and U19 teams. He'll work on building additional links between the youth and professional arenas. As well as taking over for some of Frank Baumann's duties in football development and scouting.

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.werder.de/en/profis/54331.php

Werder will take part in a mini tournament this summer on July 11th versus RB Salzburg, Valencia, and Southampton. This should be fun to watch, Valencia is another one of my favorite clubs and I also quite admire the work Southampton have been doing in recent years. Hope we smash those Red Bulls along the way. Also a good opportunity for some early match practice and trying out new formations and lineups. Right after the tournament, our team will then travel to Ziller, Austria for training camp.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Brilliant goal by Öztunali in Germany U20's win versus Nigeria to advance into the quarter-finals

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Werder has a new athletic/fitness coach. Jörn Heineke is 40 years old, from the Bremen region and played for Werder on U19 level. As adult he played for Fortuna Köln, Preußen Münster, VSK Osterholz-Scharmbeck, FC Bremerhaven and Australian team Richmond SC Eagles. He studied sport sciences at the sports university (Sporthochschule) Collogne and since some years he is owner of a cross-fitness studio in Bremen. He succeeds Reinhard Schnittker, who was our fitness/athletics coach in the last 3 years.

25. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04