Werder Bremen 2016-17: This is Osterdeich

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Epitome990, May 17, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Various high and low points in this roller-coaster ride of a game. But it's endings like these which show why this team deserves to remain within the relegation zone area of the table. Very similar way to choke up the final moments as with the loss to Mainz earlier during the Hinrunde. AronJo missed some prime scoring opportunities with severe consequences. The defensive decision making and lack of focus during the closing minutes were extremely frustrating to watch. This is what happens when you can't close out games, and let leads slip repeatedly.

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    This is all simply sad and at the end of the season the club has to go into 2. Bundesliga due to such iditios in charge.
    I mean the squad potential is not high, but a capaple coach would at least field them up to their strengths.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Worst part of the last 4 losses is that we came within reasonable chances to win or at least draw those matches. At this point it's evident to be a mindset issue. The players doubt their abilities to close out results in the final frame. Last season, the team was still able to respond near the end when they were pushed on the brink of relegation. To constantly go through that is definitely tiring though. I'm not sure this group currently has what it takes to survive this campaign. Too many negative factors combining which has lead to this.

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    A resilient display on the road to win against Mainz. To be honest, I would have expected it going into today's game. Very well taken goals by Gnabry and Delaney. The one sour note being Delaney's injury though. Had a very strong game up until the point, aside from that goal. Didn't catch the detail yet but hopefully it wasn't too serious. Our defensive control of the second half was shaky at times but I'm glad we held on in the end. Wiedwald also had probably one of his best games for his making multiple key saves. Need to now carry this momentum forward next week versus Wolfsburg.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Easy 2-1 win over Wolfsburg, thanks to a pair of goals by Gnabry.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Took a while at first to get the initial breakthrough with Kruse's penalty, but it was smooth sailing from there. Also a very clinically executed counter attack and finish by Kruse again to get that second goal to seal the 2-0 victory. These are usually the type of matches that give us trouble. But I'm glad to see this team get the job done. Three points today helps us leap ahead of Wolfsburg in the table.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yeah, the team seems to have momentum right now. :) I won't write more, see reason give in the other forum.
    I am a bit superstitiuos when it comes to football and esp. Werder. ;)

Epitome990 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Horst Hrubesch advises Serge Gnabry to remain with Werder Bremen (this summer).

"Serge ist ein junger Spieler. Ich habe zu ihm gesagt: Was ist wichtig? Die Kohle? Oder international zu spielen? Oder nach deiner langen Leidenszeit die Saison zu Ende zu spielen, vernünftig in den Urlaub zu gehen und dann vielleicht noch ein Jahr dranzuhängen? Danach steht ihm weiterhin alles offen", verriet Hrubesch der Bild. Seinen Rat habe er Gnabry telefonisch mitgeteilt.

http://www.90min.de/de/posts/466962...besch-raet-serge-gnabry-zu-verbleib-in-bremen

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #211 Epitome990, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Management are working towards signing Maxi Eggestein to a long-term contract extension. However, the player wants to wait a bit first depending on this development. His current one runs until 2018. This needs to be made a top priority, as Maxi as made some strides and solid contributions lately. Just hope this turns out better than the Grillitsch situation.

http://www.90min.de/de/posts/467660...men-will-mit-maximilian-eggestein-verlaengern

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Gnabry will miss the Leverkusen match due to knee problems.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Huge result against Leverkusen. It may only have been 1 point but it sure felt like 3. Amazing to be on the giving side of heart breakers and not receiving in the final minutes. Wiedwald continues to be playing his heart out and decisive when it mattered. Pizarro is an eternal legend what more can I say.

16. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, that was the first full Werder game I've watched since Nouri took over. Is Kruse always as useless as he looked Friday? I really liked what I saw from Delaney also. Hopefully he gets back to 100% soon!

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Kruse has been hit and miss to be honest. He began the season injured and looked out of shape at first. The consistency hasn't always been there. But he was important last week when he bagged a brace against Darmstadt. Just hope he step it up a bit more.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well now you guys are in a 3 way race to get out of relegation.
    Wolfsburg, Werder and Hamburger all on 26 pts.

I hope you succeed the league without Werder would not be the same.

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Wolfsburg's form will inevitably rise. They've invested too much money into their squad and have good enough players. Valerien was the reason they were held back and struggling for so long. The main battle now is between Werder and HSV. Lots of important football left to play. Including the Nordderby on April 15 at home. While other clubs like Augsburg and Mainz have slipped down the standings considerably lately and could be caught.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/werder-bremen/werder-pressekonferenz-50871570.bild.html

Davie Selke's comment earlier this week regarding Werder: "Everyone knows that the club has a special place with me. I will say this: In football you should never say never."

Baumann: "I am delighted that Davie is coming to Bremen on Saturday. But even if he could imagine a change in principle, I do not think that it can be realized for financial reasons."

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://nordicbetblog.dk/henter-weder-bremen-en-tredje-fcker/

This Danish source mentions that we could be after a third player from FC Kobenhavn. After Thomas Delaney and Ludwig Augustinsson, there's also CB. Mathias Jorgensen (Zanka) that was reportedly linked during the winter and could be an option again in the summer.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    What a strike by Junuzovic for the 1-0 lead vs RB Leipzig! Definite golazo of the year candidate.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    FT 3-0 victory