Wenger's World - Prospects, Scouting and Talent Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 9, 2018.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I seriously doubt this would happen because Levy will demand even more than that.

At this point any name not Neymar would be disappointing.

2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I concur with everyone here that I'm very interested in seeing more of Pulisic. He has said good things about our club before. Generally those are thinly veiled attempts at peaking another party's interest. I would like a top player from the US be a Real Madrid talisman. That'd be a dream come true. I'd be one of the first in line to get a shirt of him if he ever becomes worthy of playing for my favorite team.

Not to mention the admittedly few times I've watched him he has been very good. I dunno if he is stellar on a consistent basis though. There are a lot of players out there who only turn up when they play the big teams like Real Madrid and go missing in the day to day matches. If Pulisic is one of those kinds of player obviously I wouldn't care where he goes.

Shay Z repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    raven3k and S1na repped this.
  4. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard, Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr. will end up being world beaters. Probably the Xavi/Messi/Iniesta of their generation. Odegaard I feel will end up becoming a center midfielder like Modric. Rodrygo an attacking midfielder like Kaka, Vinicius Jr. as a wing forward like Ronaldo.

5. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the Vin-CR7 comparison is a bit off. Ronaldo played the wing-forward role in a very unique way because of his stature, he's probably got 5 inches and 50 lbs on Vinicius. I think he'll play a similar style to Neymar/Robben, going out a bit wider and beating players off the dribble with speed. Ronaldo really stopped playing that style ~6 years ago.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    So obviously people are likening Vinicius to the Cristiano from six years ago and hoping he takes the same development path...

Vinicius is nothing like Robben or Neymar. That would be Rodrygo.. and he needs to take that next step in his creativity to be more like Neymar and less like Robben.

7. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't comprehend how he's "nothing" like those players. They all are around 5'9 and have a much slighter frame than Ronaldo. They all play the dribbling, cutting inside, inverted winger with great acceleration & top end speed. You are welcome to make an argument he's more like Ronaldo, but can't seriously say he isn't like those guys at all...

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're focusing too much on size. How they play is what makes them different.

Both Robben and Neymar are very adept at dribbling at high speed with great ball control. Neymar took his abilities to the next level adding his creative touch and consistent finishing. Rodrygo is like both of them, he dribbles at high speed with close control.

Vinicius isn't like that.

Vinicius relies on creative flicks and moves combined with pace and power. He's also developing as a finisher. That is describing Cristiano before his final evolution.

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joao Filipe anyone?

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any interesting No.9 in South American football like when Higuain and Falcao came through? We could use one right now alongside the prodigies we signed in other positions.

11. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    20 year old Lautaro Martinez seems very highly rated. Joined Inter recently.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #37 Saeta Rubia, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Couple of Madrid accounts claiming we are about to sign Umaro Embalo from Benfica. Dunno if they are reliable ITKS hence not posting in transfers thread. We were linked with him last year along with Utd.

1026929104615079936 is not a valid tweet id

1026920410393264129 is not a valid tweet id

Shay Z, Zidane05, Yannick Relens and 2 others repped this.