Well, There's This: DC United vs D.A.R. :: Sun 6/21/15 :: 5pm Local

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JayRockers!, Jun 19, 2015.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    D.C. UNITED vs NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
    RFK MEMORIAL STADIUM, Washington, D.C.
    June 21, 2015 (WEEK 16, MLS Game #158)
    5 p.m. ET (ESPN2 / ESPN Deportes; TSN2; supposedly on CBS Sports Radio 1580am?)

REFEREE: Ismail Elfath. AR1 (bench): Corey Parker; AR2 (opposite): Kevin Klinger; 4th: Mark Kadlecik
    MLS Career: 50 games; FC/gm: 25.3; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 14; pens: 13

DOWNLOAD FULL GAME GUIDE (PDF)

SUSPENDED: none
    WARNINGS:
    SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: DC: Davy Arnaud, Perry Kitchen … NE: Andy Dorman, London Woodberry
    SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DC: Bobby Boswell, Taylor Kemp … NE: Juan Agudelo, Jermaine Jones, Lee Nguyen, Teal Bunbury
    DISABLED LIST: NE: Darrius Barnes
    INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none

HEAD-TO-HEAD
    ALL-TIME (65 meetings): United 29 wins (4 shootout), 93 goals … Revolution 26 wins (3 shootout), 83 goals … Ties 10
    AT RFK (32 meetings): United 19 wins (2 shootout), 59 goals … Revolution 9 wins (1 shootout), 43 goals … Ties 4

• The teams are meeting for the second time this season. Jairo Arrieta’s late equalizer for United canceled out a first-half goal from the Revolution’s Charlie Davies to leave the teams in a 1-1 draw May 23 at Gillette Stadium.
    • United lead the all-time series with 29 victories; the Revolution have won 26, with 10 draws. United have also won two of the three series all-time in the MLS Cup Playoffs. The teams split their season series a year ago, each club winning at home.
    • Coaches record: Ben Olsen vs. NE: P12 W4 L6 D2 … Jay Heaps vs. DC: P9 W3 L4 D2
    LAST MEETING (MLS) 5/23: NE 1, DC 1 (Davies 46+ -- Arrieta 80)

Related Content:

CHECK OUT THE INJURY REPORT HEADING INTO THE MATCH
    CHECK OUT THE DISCIPLINARY REPORT HEADING INTO THE MATCH

Gratuitous ugly animal:

image.jpg

Thx,

Jay!

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  2. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    I wondered when this would get a thread. Been crickets lately with pregame threads. What is it? Still worried about jinx's?

:)

3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It's just taking a longer time for this forum to die like most of the others have on Big Soccer. Game day threads getting started closer and closer to game day are just one of the warning signs.

Thx,

Jay!

4. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God bless the stadium threads for keeping this place alive!

5. Murr

Murr Member+

Apr 14, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    DC United
    I've avoided the stadium threads to keep the hope alive; well, that and constantly crapping my pants from all the good and bad news.

6. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hardly anyone under 30 considers using a forum at this point. Definitely feels like the last days of Krypton sometimes. But I have seen several new faces this season. Sometimes I don't get it because you can't have substantive commentary in 140 characters, so where is it happening?

Anyway this is about as big as a mid season MLS game can be. The result is the only thing that matters here.

Boloni86, Winoman and bigredfutbol repped this.
  7. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United

I blame Jay Heaps!

Big game, hopefully RFK will be rocking!

fatbastard, stangspritzring and Winoman repped this.
  8. dcjeffc

dcjeffc Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I don't know? r/mls?

9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    If you guys find out, let me know - I've been wondering, too! I don't have that much to say pre-game any more because I don't really know much about the other side. As a STH, sometimes I don't really know who we are playing until I grab the tickets. It's kind of irrelevant, since I'm going no matter what.

These pregame threads used to be great for the comedy value though. Inspired, venom filled rants by the likes of Nick and Big Robert. Weird videos by Wormy. Great stuff. Not that I dislike the cute animals, but they are not in the same league.

Winoman, bigredfutbol and sitruc repped this.
  10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I'm assuming that's reddit? There's no pregame there.

Thx,

Jay!

11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, at least we have each other.

12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    We'll always have Paris.

freekickwiz, Winoman and griffin1108 repped this.
  13. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I barely have time to watch the games on TV and I hardly know who's on the other team. Kids ruin everything. I wish had time to think heavily about tactics and matchups but there's no chance.

You also have the simple fact that you rarely come here for information anymore. There are a million places to get in depth stats etc.

14. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until the meteor comes.

15. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I come here cause it's the biggest place I know for DCU discussion...r/MLS is great and I go there for my MLS discussion but r/dcunited is fairly dead. I do post there but more so here.

16. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking forward to Halsti being on the field with Rolfe, but after going 120 minutes Wednesday I am expecting Arnaud. I just hope he can control his temper - he could easily have been tossed Wednesday, although that wouldn't have affected this MLS match. With luck (and forethought from Benny) I hope to see our two most soccer-smart (IMO) players on the field together - soon.

17. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Arnaud and Kitchen are both suspended with their next yellow card, so I expect we will see Halsti soon in any event. I hope they don't both get suspended for the same match, though.

Winoman repped this.
  18. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    There's soccer-smart and MLS-smart. So far Davy has proved to have what it takes to help lead this team to a conference championship and a top of the table run the first half of this season.

Halsti has not looked the best player on the field in his limited MLS minutes. Especially that home game where he couldn't get a corner kick past the first man in the box. Usually just rolling it right up to him.

Davy is Davy. He knows what's up. With our next game against Chicago, I wouldn't mind him getting his yellow Sunday.

Thx,

Jay!

Boloni86 repped this.
  19. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's analysis all over but news is at an all time low. No one seems to care though.

As for BS - it is what we make it. It is much better than the post comments, or SBI, etc. I usually find out things via Twitter (pretty much all I use it for) and then post/discuss here. A well moderated discussion (not by me mind you) board is an island in the internet storm of stupid.

James.

20. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    #20 DangerMouse37, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    any streams for this one? between planes in Panama and just jumped online

nevermind -- its tomorrow. wish I could be there.

21. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The weather might be interesting this afternoon. It will definitely be hot and sticky.

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I like the part where they say a lot less stormy. But it seems the CWG doesn't do/know there's a game day forecast anymore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rea-forecast-summer-swelter-for-the-solstice/

Of course, at the pool right now my overhead went from clear blue skies to mostly cloudy just like that. Some fast moving upper level wind bringing rain-ish looking clouds from the NW.

Thx,

Jay!

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    In one of the comment sections they said it was coming. I've been patiently although a bit anxiously waiting.

I wonder if there will at least be a water break based on MLS now using a standard set by FIFA for water breaks.

24. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm planning a bear break at about the 30 and 70 minute marks.

25. dcjeffc

dcjeffc Member

Jun 4, 2015
    [​IMG]

Winoman repped this.