We'll swap Malouda for Messi: The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    off we go

credit to Monkee

Bruckner finishes a close second, although I am fed up with reading about Jabba/Mr. Toad/Avram so that was the deciding factor, well done though.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Don't want Messi. I'll take Sinclair and Young.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No Messi, cheater and constantly injured and he's my age ffs.

What's the point of having a youth academy if we're just going to buy players? We have Sinclair, he's somewhat shown what he can do and I believe Stoch is a winger of some sorts unless Adri or Okocha tell me otherwise.

Young would be a good one. But we just need to solve our forward problem, I wouldn't mind Huntelaar or Aguero though.

Also, for defense; Tal Ben Haim needs to go. Bring up Mancienne.

5. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Strikers I wouldn't mind(off the top of my head) :
    Aguero
    Gomez
    Podolski
    Martins
    Amauri to a degree, he looks pretty classy from what I've seen
    Huntelaar

Wingers I wouldn't mind(again off the top of my head :p)

Young
    Bentley
    David Silva, depending on the price tag

There's probably quite a few more that i'm not thinking of at the moment. Give Sinclair his chances, a few youth call ups here and there just to see how they do, and I should be happy. :p

6. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to have Messi. This guy was one of my favorite players of the last WC and is probably my favorite player outside of our team.
    I can't see him fitting into our team or adapting well to the league though. :(

7. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Okocha hasn't been around much lately, so we haven't heard about the latest young talents. I'll step in and say for him that Samir Nasri has alleviated many of my previous concerns this season. He's grown physically and he's gotten much stronger on the ball. He's playing more quickly and smarter. I think he would be a fantastic signing, even though a few months ago I was hesitant.

8. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    so it's sheva for kaka and malouda for messi, what else?

9. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Grant for a paperclip.

10. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i heard hes going on a bosman ;)

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    you have to ask Nice for permission to borrow his office supplies.

12. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sorry but anytime you can sign one of the 5 best players in the world, who happens to be at least fairly young, and not named Cristiano Ronaldo, you do it.

As far as Messi being a cheater, honestly, I dont see it that much, certainly far less than the mentioned winger or even a couple of our guys.

Id prefer kaka by a bit, and am pretty sure we will get neither.

13. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did you see his intentional hand-ball goal? No Messi for me, thanks.

14. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Agree with the last sentence. Anytime you are talking about getting one of the best players in the world you would take him. Kaka, Messi, yes certainly Ronaldo. Forget the histionics, you take them. HOWEVER guys like this rarely leave where they are at. I agree, we will likely get none of the above. Losing Drogba, on the other hand, will be painful as he is very difficult to replace. We just aren't scoring like we should. I like Anelka, but we need something more if Drogba leaves. Perhaps Villa, if the rumors are to be belived, but again--its hard to get big name guys as teams have a hard time replacing them. Better to go with youth, if you have it.

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a team at this level the youth has to be almost better than it can be to make that much of a difference without having to bring in world class players from outside the club.

We cant afford to take the risk of giving spots in the first 16 to players like Sinclair, Mancienne, etc without having an alternative just in case they dont cut it.

Malouda and SWP are not good enough alternatives on the wing.

16. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    First 18 as of next season though with the 7 man bench. Should be interesting to see if the club tries to fill those 2 extra spots with multi-million dollar signings or if they let the likes of Sinclair fill them.

As for Messi (obviously we won't get him) but he really is on another level. And the accusation often levelled at Ronaldo about not performing in big games simply cannot be said of Messi who seems to thrive in them.

His injury record is a very serious concern, however. I hope for his sake and the sake of football fans everywhere he can shake them, but judging by the nature of the injuries I'm not too optimistic.

17. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rumour ; a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to fact. Gossip - Hearsay - mostly bullshit.

Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry's desire to play Champions League football could see him join Liverpool or Chelsea for £14m. (Daily Mirror)

SWP back to Citech? £10m.

Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy is set to move to AC Milan in the summer as the Bernabeu club target Chelsea's Didier Drogba as a replacement. (Daily Mail)

Jose Mourinho says he will return to football management next season after his sabbatical following his exit as Chelsea boss earlier this season. (Times)

Barca accept Malouda-Messi swap deal (Daily Fern)

18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I hope the sarcasm in the title has not gone amiss for some.

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Press time:

Chelsea will make a third attempt to sign Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard if Frank Lampard, as expected, leaves at the end of the season. (Various)

And in other news I'm the King of England. My first move is to knight KDB, Clan, Fern, Dr. I, Andy, and Monkee. :D

Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones is attracting interest from Chelsea, Portsmouth, Manchester City and Arsenal, despite only scoring seven goals this season. Jones moved to the Stadium of Light eight months ago for £6m and signed a four-year deal. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea are lining up Russia coach Guus Hiddink to succeed Avram Grant as their manager in the summer. Hiddink's contract with Russia expires after Euro 2008. (News of the World)

20. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Well then where the feck is he going to go? Certainly not Chelsea. West Ham? ....... QPR?

21. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs surely. They'll have to spend their Berbatov money somewhere.

22. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Haha I forgot Spurs were even a London club, they didn't even come into my head.

23. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just finished wathching Inter vs Torino.

Balotteli is a very good player for his age group. Has great athletic gifts coupled with good technique and predatory finishing.

Rosina was another who looked good. Left-footed diminuitive, playmaking winger. He has great he popped up everywhere, although he played primarily from the right side. Most of Torino's best play came from him and he also captained the side very well.

24. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been watching some Serie A on FSC this year, and that kid has looked really impressive. I think that he can become like Drogba except with more finesse. I can't imagine Inter selling him for anything though.

25. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I'd better put in my application for Court Jester. :(

It's alright, I've got a good resume. I live in Rancho Cucamonga for starters...that's pretty funny right?

...Is this thing on?