Well how about that

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by NORML, May 3, 2010.

1. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got our own subforum. Heres hoping this subforum will have a long happy life thanks to NSCMN surviving and thriving.

edit to add: Even better news is that NSC was added to the list of clubs. Woohoo!

2. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My brother and his friends are looking for a place to watch US vs England, he lives in Eden Prairie and I did see the St. Paul offical US soccer bar but was wondering if there was anywhere closer to the south side of Minneapolis that would have a good atomsphere for the game.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, South side... Can't really think of any place. In Minneapolis itself, there is always The Local and Brits and I know The Nomad was advertising itself as a spot to watch games in 2006 and I wouldn't doubt if they plan to once again.

Maybe someone else will chime in with some suggestions.

4. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm, yea Minneapolis itself would be fine, thanks, still some time so we will see if anyone else chimes in

5. thesuperrookie

thesuperrookie New Member

May 20, 2010
    Twin Cities
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is the NSC Minnesota sub-forum in the USL section?

They are aligned with the NASL and are only in the USL conference of the USSF Div. 2 league as a stop-gap to ensure the league for this season.

Can we get it moved?

6. thesuperrookie

thesuperrookie New Member

May 20, 2010
    Twin Cities
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweetwater in St. Paul is the official place.

In Minneapolis your best bet is probably the Nomad World Pub and/or the Local downtown. Brit's is also a decent place that is currently working with NSC Minnesota on all types of promotions. Which is a great thing.

A ton of people tend to go to the Sweetwater for the USMNT, MLS and NASL games as the owner is always willing to hook us up with some televisions and some beer deals.

I know it is a drive, but there isn't anything better than a crappy hotel bar with a ton of parking :)

It really adds to the character of the game!

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  8. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great article. I grew up in Minneapolis and remember watching the Kicks. Alan Willey and Ron Futcher always got the headlines but Ace was soo much fun to watch. Nobody could stop and start on the ball as fast as he could.

Thanks for posting.