Tea Light in the Dark Universe: Bobby Wood at Hamburg

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by LoewenBoy, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    He's ok, or he doesn't have a herniated disc? Two different things. What's your translation of whatever there is to translate?

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I know right. If his back is hurting enough to get medical tests to determine that it's not a herniated disc,
    Your back still hurts and you are not ok.

Gacm32 and The Irish Rover repped this.
  3. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very glad to hear!

I stand by the second part of my post.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's on the other Wood thread, look for it there, don't be lazy.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    My back hurts and I'm ok. But that's the norm when you're getting old and spent the weekend gardening a bit too much.

Nidal Baba Superstar repped this.
  6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I hurt my back the other day twisting the wrong way while typing on Big Soccer.

Gorky repped this.
  7. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    #6207 ebbro, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Your post I quoted was lazy. I'll just take this one to mean that while you may be right that they have ruled out a herniated disc you don't know shit about Wood's injury. But go ahead and proclaim him ok and continue with your silly theory that he's opting out because JK isn't coach anymore.

8. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Uhm, because as Alex pointed out, I called an interview with Klinsmann in a rag similar to the Daily Mail is not giving advice to Bobby, as he'd do that in private. You disagreed and treated us to a rag similar to the Daily Mail, which article I had already read, that's why I said it. When others have pointed out your error, you continue to disagree, which is why this discussion has continued. Simple really.

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So saying "I would not advise him to transfer right away. HSV is a big club, it has a wonderful stadium and great fans" is not advice because it's published in a newspaper you don't like?

Please.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have no obligation whatsoever to translate things here on demand, even less when I've already done it.

Instead of being grateful, when you do favors for people all you get is they getting mad at you when you have to stop.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    You could've told me you translated it in another thread without accusing me of being lazy and I would've happily gone to look for it. I don't go around reading every single thread on BS and was unaware of the other Wood thread. You said he's ok - easily interpreted as you implying he's not injured - so you should expect some questions as to your source of info.

(TxT), chalaron, frankburgers and 2 others repped this.
  12. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Stop being annoying.

adam tash, KenC, orcrist and 3 others repped this.
  13. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I wonder if 1860 or Union Berlin had 1 of those deals that would net them a percentage of his future transfers.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    @mschofield might have some intel on the Union sale terms...

16. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if 1860 is due training compensation fees as well as future sell on fees.

17. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I doubt it. Relations between Wood and 1860 had become so toxic that they were glad to see the back of each other. Other clubs would have been aware of that and bargained hard, exploiting the seller's need to get a disruptive presence out of the dressing room.

Added to which, his contract was expiring in short order. All the posts here said that Union got Bobby on a straight transfer

mschofield and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I got nothing. I was shipped back to the states to focus on Russia. Given that he was crazy in demand when Union sold and had very much enjoyed his time with Union, I'd be surprised if they didn't get a sell on into the deal.
    OTOH, Union is going up. If the season ended today they are. I am not sure Union is built to go up. This is a mixed bag. Still, I really wish the season was ending today.
    But, Union has a lot to thank Bobby for. He was spectacular as a player, a total class act, and the money from his sale has helped the club into a state where it is late March, and we're in first. I mean, it will almost certainly and tragically go pear shaped, but ... if it doesn't

deejay, Dr.Phil, KenC and 6 others repped this.
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

(TxT) and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks, whenever I see that Twitter feed, I think, I'm glad Sven speaks english! ;)

chalaron and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Bobby's agent gonna get PAID

22. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wood is a bargain whether they stay up or not. He could easily be a double digit goal scorer in a top four league for many a mid-table and above team.

23. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There were several on this thread who were less than convinced Hamburg was a great destination. Given the chance, he had to because it is the bund etc. But at Union one of the things that left people very impressed about Bobby was that his agent wasn't simply looking for a payday, but was intent on building a solid career. Bobby doesn't have that much time to f about after this year. He's not old, but he is heading into his peak seasons.
    Will continue to wish him well, regardless

KenC and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Only thing is, he got a new agent, right?

mschofield and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  25. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there is that...