WELCOME to the NEW state of the art ACC (ESPN) Network

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WWC_Movement, Jul 20, 2016.

1. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Bleed Blue repped this.
  2. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Looks like we'll be getting some soccer matches (Olympic style events include soccer) streamed this season.
    The digital channel (online) is being launched next month.

More details:
    http://virginia.sportswar.com/article/2016/07/19/reports-new-acc-network-launch/

--------------------
    At launch, the digital channel will carry at least 600 Olympic-style events per year, with individual schools producing an undetermined number of the events. When the linear channel launches in ’19, it will carry at least 400 events, including 40 football and 150 men’s and women’s basketball games each year.
    --------------------

4. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look for a lot of Monday and Thursday games. That's what the SEC Network has done. Gotta fill those empty time slots.

5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Anson, what do you think of the new ACC Network?
    [​IMG]

"It’s going to be a recruiting weapon for every sport. It’s going to be a visibility weapon. It’s going to be a branding weapon. I can’t tell you all the different ways that this is going to benefit the university, the kids that are playing in it, their families, our fans, I could go on and on about the impact of this."

As Dorrance said, visibility for these teams is not going to be an issue with the number of live events that are going to be shown on both the ACC Network and ACC Network Extra. Beginning this year, Extra will begin showing over 600 live events. In 2019, that number will increase to over 1300 live events across both platforms (with many of those being Olympic sports).

The ACC can boast as having some of the strongest Olympic sports programs in all of the country. The ACC Network will give fans of these teams opportunities all year long to watch big match-ups like Duke vs. North Carolina in men’s lacrosse or UVA vs. the Heels in women’s soccer, when they otherwise wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do so.

As a fan of not just the basketball and football teams, I am excited to see the positive effects that this new deal has on Olympic sports at UNC. Dorrance sums it all up in this one quote, "There are Tar Heel fingerprints all over this and I am proud to be a part of all this."

Link:
    http://www.tarheelblog.com/unc-tar-...osse-national-championships-soccer-basketball

6. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  7. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Isn't this what the Big10 is already doing? And the SEC?
    As an East Coaster, I don't know about the Big 12 or Pac 12 but the Big10 network is pretty cool, however....

I get the Big10 main and a few other channels in HD and the SEC main channel and SEC+ for a extra $10/month. BUT you still don't get all the soccer games. You basically get a 'game of the week' in women's soccer live. If you want ALL the games for a particular school, you still have to pay even more and subscribe to the "on demand" service or pay at the schools site directly. I mean most are played at about the same time anyway.
    This is just a new 'pay per view' play that will have more professionally done broadcasts. Content viewing is changing slowly but surely to a more 'al a carte' model. You get more diverse content to less overall viewers. Its great for those of us who really want to see something like a Pitt v NC State womens soccer game and are willing to pay for it. I just hope they've thought through the revenue streams long term and all this programming can remain viable over time. Will advertisers keep paying? Will subscribers keep paying more and more? Apparently, yes is the answer.

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pac12 too. It's all part of the craziness that college sports is becoming and of the decline of Western civilization.:sneaky:

9. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    It's great for Olympic sports. A lot more events are on television than before, and now you can watch many other matches online in HD quality for no extra charge.

The SEC broadcasts almost every soccer match online in at least 720p HD, on ESPN3 .
    Here's a Texas A&M match from last year, their exhibition match to start the season.
    This is superior quality for an online stream.
    Hopefully, the ACC is doing the same thing with their "ACC extra" or whatever they're calling it.

10. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea