Welcome to Old Trafford #7 Alexis Sánchez :)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    You guys forget quickly becoming @Amdrag

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your judgment, as it tends to happy quite often apparently is really askew. A look at Rooney's stats and numbers, even if the final years, when he clearly was on the decline, and he still managed to make some kind of contribution.
    Sanchez has near 6 months of actual playing at United and he still has just 3 goals and perhaps a handful of assists max. On top of that he's a turnover machine. Being the highest player in the league and one of the best players in the league not so long ago, this is a pitiful return.

doubletrouble repped this.
  3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rooney was not worse. He would somehow find a way to get on the score sheet or chip in an assist despite having an awful game. He would also be overly conservative at times, which wouldnt help our attack but wouldnt kill it.

Sanchez is an offense killer when off form. Not only does he not help the attack, but he gives the ball away so easily and often that our attack never gets a chance to develop a rhythm.

4. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m sure you can offload him to China? His wages are ozil levels of madness so I don’t know a European side that would equal them

He is probably the reason mouribho and Woodward aren’t pals because surely mourinho would never use such a renegade in an organised system

He converted Etoo to a rw drone fgs

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We should fire him for breach of contact.
    He should be a cautionary tale we learn from. Nobody over 28 gets paid a flat salary. Bonuses based on performance. Clean sheets for defenders and goals and assists for attackers. Should be a chunk and the rest maybe tired to team performance either overall or in matches you play in.

Pulp and thebigman repped this.
  7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Imo that is how they can stop a huge base salary by making the bonus’ stat based

It would mean no more players not trying in huge wages

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United 16 repped this.
  9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...er-united-form-is-a-concern-for-jose-mourinho

terrible

10. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Great work Jose.

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was down as anyone on Rooney here the last 18 or so months.

jeff070 repped this.
  12. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    It's kind of ********ed up that Arsenal came out the better on the Sanchez - Mkhitaryan swap.

Amdrag repped this.
  13. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I would gladly have mkhitaryan back at this moment ..

14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #189 Rickdog, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    well, you can prepare to pay a very big amount of cash, together with Alexis back to Arsenal......

:p

.......to afterwards, when you sack Mou, a few months later, have the next coach to have Alexis re-hired by Man Utd, tripling his wages once again......

:D

15. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why? So long as Mou is boss, United is getting the best out of no one.

16. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because Jose had no problem benching Miki.

benni... and johno repped this.
  17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Or playing him on the right. Which honestly, if we are willing to live with Dalot bombing forward, we don't need a chalk on boots RW.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mkhitaryan is not what we need, even with a RB like Dalot behind him. Besides, it's not like he's really lighting it up with Arsenal by the looks of it.
    Honestly, what I would do is try and sell Sanchez outright for whatever we can get. His age and his level of performance with us means we probably can't ask for an exorbitant sum, but we got him on a free/swap in the first place,so anything we get would be a bonus of sorts.
    The wages are the biggest obstacle for whoever gets him (don't see many clubs willing or even being able to pay anywhere close to 300k/wk) but we might be able to get 30-35mil minimum from him. It's money we could add to our kitty for next summer towards a player that we really need.
    Either way, I'd cut ties with him, while we still can. The more we wait, the more difficult it might become.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any deal to get rid of Sanchez, the fee is irrelevant... We need his wages gone more than anything in the way of cash we could get for him.

I want suggesting Mkhi is what we need, rather saying that with a proper attacking RB, we can do a lot better in attack on the right, even without a winger.

benni... repped this.
  20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Dalot is going to start being our everyday RB, then I would almost prefer a inverted RW. Clear out space for Dalot to overlap.

The more I watch, the more I'd be happy with Bailey as our RW. Pace, can dribble, bomb of a left foot. Probably wouldn't cost a fortune either.

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bailey would cost a lot of money: Leverkusen reportedly turned down a €60mil bid for him from Bayern this past summer. I believe he signed a new contract with them as well.
    But for guys like him or Lozano, I'd be ready to pay big for them, for the simple reason that they'd fill in a major need for us. And they're arguably the best we could get, so from that point of view, it would be worth it shelling big money for them.
    They're both still young to boot, so it could be money well spent.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm unsure about Bailey's upside as far as end product is concerned. I have far fewer concerns over the same issue with Lozano and Neres.

23. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    what's wrong with his end product now?

also, i don't even want to talk about exciting young attacking talent until we get a new manager. for the last little while we have misused and neutered all of them

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lozano seems like he has a gear to go up. Neres definitely has room for growth and he is already >> Bailey as far as end product.

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of the 3, I would rank their ceilings as Bailey, Lozano, Neres. But with that said, I haven't seen enough of Neres to be that good of a judge. But to my eyes, Bailey has taken a step forward this season despite his stats and is passing the eye test. He reminds me a bit of Dembele but his end product is lacking a bit.

johno repped this.