Welcome to Old Trafford #7 Alexis Sánchez :)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Truth be told, he has said this before. Or at least it had always been rumoured that this was a dream club.

This is from 2010
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...starlet-alexis-sanchez-has-heart-set-on-dream

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5399344/alexis-sanchez-dreamed-of-manchester-united/

2. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Mourinho puts Sanchez straight into the left wingforward (Sanchez said he prefers the left or centre) role...then this is not a good signing. Stunting Martial's growth and confidence just when he's really pushing his form would be a travesty.

MizzouMUFC and Deadtigers repped this.
  3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    benni... repped this.
  4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    [​IMG]

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...hester-united-are-the-biggest-club-in-england

benni... and Deadtigers repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He needs to be slotted on the right.

7. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Biggest United signing since De Gea.
    Proven quality with consistency.

8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    10 years too late.

jnielsen, doubletrouble and benni... repped this.
  9. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we're not in for Andy Carroll? :(

jnielsen and doubletrouble repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In a world where Virgil van Djik costs 75 MILLLION pounds, this makes for a pretty darn good value in my opinion.

jnielsen, topnoevili, johno and 3 others repped this.
  12. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tidy business by Woody. Good player, for a good price. Wages are not that high all things considered. And swap deals are hard to pull off.

Mhiki was not going to work here. We are swapping a failed transfer for one that is likely to work. Sanchez is proven in England and in top form is a better player than Mhiki. We are desperate for quality at WF. And doing the deal now means we will take less risk in the summer window, as either he will suceed or not. So we can buy accordingly.

From the Arsenal end its poor I think. Buying Mhiki now makes no difference to their season. He wont make the difference even in top form. And its not clear he will make a comeback. I dont understand why he wasnt sold at the start of the season. But thats what happens at Arsenal I guess.

13. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    am i the only one who wouldn't mind sanchez playing from the left? he's the better player so he eats first - that's the game! this is united, successful seasons are measured in titles.

mbappe would definitely prefer playing through the middle or at the very least from the left but he eats 3rd so neymar and cavani get their preferred positions.

14. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The drop from Sanchez at lwf to martial is less than Sanchez to anyone we have at rwf.

We're so shit in that area. I get what you'e saying, but were just so short of options.

benni... repped this.
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sanchez is equally adept at playing on either flank or centrally, whereas Martial or even Rashford are clearly inferior on the right than they are on the left. That's as much as a no brainer as it comes tbph.
    We've got a gaping hole in the right that only Alexis can fill adequately, so that's where he should play predominantly, until we bring in someone who can adequately play there.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i think you guys are underestimating the impact of shanchez having a go for a full 90, cutting on his right foot. probably top 5 in the world. if he's ok with playing on the right, fine. but where martial and rashford should/would want to play would have absolutely no effect, if i were mourinho. get in where you fit in, this is alexis sanchez.

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #42 Ashur, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Balance in the team and optimal strength in all positions are the ultimate goals, not placating one player because he's a star.
    And furthermore, Sanchez is not Robben where cutting inside and shooting has become his whole game at this point. I wish I could remember where I saw this to post it, but I ran into a graph a couple of days ago which showed that wide right is the position he's spent the most time in his career, followed by the left and then in the middle.
    Having seen him play plenty of times on the right never appeared to be a problem for him either, performance wise. It's not to say that he should never play elsewhere (we should take advantage of his versatility when it's required). But for now, as stated, playing on the right is where it makes the most sense, in terms of the team as a whole. And that's where he should play.

18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    wrong forum

jnielsen, doubletrouble and benni... repped this.
  19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The video of the mashups of Alexis's presentation video with DT, the Arsenal fan who made a video once claiming that United would never, ever get Sanchez, is simply awesome.

20. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    We actually did it :eek:

21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the form Martial is in it would be stupid to bench him.

Martial-Lukaku-Sanchez is way more dangerous and a serious upgrade. Where as Sanchez-Lukaku-Lingard is sill dangerous but not as potent as MLS.

22. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Mou sticks with 4-2-3-1 would rather play AS7 in the middle behind Lukaku as dont want to compromise Martial.

Does compromise Lingard, but AS7 should make a more productive #10 than Lins, but would choose Lins over Mata on right on current form.

23. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :)

955417269965791232 is not a valid tweet id

24. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    who said anything about benching martial?

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It cracks me up how other BS boards actually think we're paying Sanchez 500k per week because some shit news sites ran with it.

cr7torossi repped this.