Welcome to Old Trafford #7 Alexis Sánchez :)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rumors are he's ready to pull a Di Maria and flee to Paris with his tail between his legs.

Good riddance.

Amdrag repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's the planned replacement for either Neymar or even Mbappe (if he goes), the rumor makes sense, otherwise...

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm just excited at the possibility of him leaving. In order of people I want gone...

1. Jose
    2. Sanchez
    3. Woody
    4. Matic
    5. Jones

jeff070 and girrdib repped this.
  4. girrdib

girrdib Member

Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good list, except for Woody. I think he's good in the business aspect.

5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I put Jose before Jones.

Woody first, Matic, Sanchez, Jose, Jones.

6. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I will buy an expensive bottle of whiskey when he and Jose are kicked out.

Chaz Striker repped this.
  7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Never have i come to hate someone so quickly

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No arguments with anyone on that list really, except for Woodward, for reasons previously discussed: as long as he's solely focused on the business side of running the club, there would be no reasons to get rid of him.
    Mourinho is the first I want gone though. It all starts with him: the way we play, the poisonous atmosphere he is spreading at the club, his treatment of players, all of it.
    He goes and alot of that negativity goes with him. The players can swiftly follow and based on what he has shown as of late, Valencia would be on that list as well. He's done at this level by the looks if it.

9. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Mmmm. What kind of whiskey?

10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Glenlivet or Macallan or Highland park.

Im not quite ballin yet, So expensive for me would be 10-15 year aged.

11. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Graduate to that Lagavulin 16 year homie. The occasion and taste is worth it.

Sofabloke and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I will give that a try, like 2nite lol. Good look!

Chaz Striker repped this.
  13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Matić should be second on any list. at least there is room for improvement with Sánchez even if only based on the past. and he will hold at least some resale value.

Matić is just good at being tall and dithering. to make matters worse he is impeding A. Pereira and the indomitable McTominay. get rid asap

benni... repped this.
  14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good call.

15. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A sensible post, Ashur. I wasn't as quick to the trigger as most here were in calling for the sack, but here we are now and it's hard to see the way forward with this particular manager. We must always respect the trophies he's collected in his career but he clearly has the squad going in the wrong direction both in terms of performances and results.

We dug out respectable results against both Newcastle and Chelsea despite, and I would say in defiance and not because of, Mourinho's tactics.

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to The Times, Sanchez is reportedly desperate to leave as he's just not happy at United. If he's willing to take a paycut, which is likely what he is facing, there is hope we could get rid of him.
    Would be a bit of egg on our face, but he simply hasn't worked out anywhere near as hoped. Best to cut the cord and get someone else (or at the very least, give someone at the club a genuine shot over him).

17. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Best to move Sanchez on in January, provided there's a club willing to work out a wage deal with him. He could be useful to us as a squad player, but that's below his own ambition.

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Surely some Chinese team will come in for him? Can’t see anyone that could afford him In Europe being interested after his awful form

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mourinho
    Matic
    Sanchez
    Jones
    Rojo

Mourinho for obvious reasons, Matic as you say MUST be second. He has no football ability or next to it. Sanchez, whilst grossly overpaid, can at least do some things other players can't do as well. If utilized off the main striker, as the main striker or on the RW, he's at either as good as our other options, a slight upgrade, or a useful change of pace. He makes way WAY too much for that, but by comparison, Matic wouldn't get into my 1st, 2nd or 3rd xi, regardless of whether we play a 2 or a 3.

I'd be ok with replacing Woody if there were someone we could bring in to run things who has a better grip of the football side with a good understanding of the business side as well. However, we're not going to get anyone worth having in that role who is a boss at the football side who is anywhere close to Woody on the business side.

I think realistically, it makes FAR more sense to line up a DOF, appoint said DOF around year's end maybe as a parting F-U to Mourinho, give that DOF a window to assess things and let them hit the ground running with a new manager for next season. If Mou has to go, fire him, appoint a caretaker until DOF can weigh in.

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Despite what you say, there are plenty of top european teams, still interested in him (PSG, Real Madrid, Inter Milan), where most can perfectly asume his current wages.

The problem here, really is, that Manchester United isn't willing to not get anything in return for all they already had paid for signing him back in January, which really seems to be the main problem of allowing him to go.

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    They are gonna sell someone soon. No way Neymar and Mbappe both stay in vacation league. Too big for France.

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no doubt that one of them will leave Paris, but it's not before next summer at the earliest. So while Sanchez may be an ideal replace for either one of Neymar or Mbappe, we're more than likely stick with him until the end of the season.
    And 6-7mos from now, who knows who might pop up on their radar as well?

24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The timing of the transfer goes without saying. I dont think anyone here or in the media thought he'd leave in January. Thats where i was headed with that.