Welcome to Brazil.

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Alex_1, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    $hiT!!!!

Gone, all gone! Everything has disappeared! All of my witty rhetoric and beautiful babe threads.... gone, all gone...

But at least this time I'm still a moderator. ;)

Anyway, the site works, just everything is gone. So don't panic, and just post whatever comes to mind (within' reason, of course).

Welcome!

[​IMG]

2. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex1,

What do I do to subscribe to Big Soccer? (The only person I've seen with an avatar is Huss)

What the hell happened to Various Styles? The guy is one of the best posters here!

Could you also explain why all our posts where lost?

3. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I think you know now by the new thread in Sugg. & Announcements.

Everyone still has access and is around. Word on the street is that two of my Ambulante brethren have boycotted bigsoccer. I'm not really split on the issue to be honest - they have their reasons - but in light of some new circumstances, I'm sure they'll be back. A lot of fans, yanks especially, come to BS because of them.

Probably the posts were lost because of whatever upgrade or file transfer/test the admin made to the site. Possibly reformating? I don't know. Pretty strange though. I can't go to rivalries and bring up my soothsaying skills anymore. :(

4. b17waistgunner

b17waistgunner New Member

Dec 14, 2002
    mohton,pa,usa
    Men what a disgrace i was having fun with the boards now they all gone,this sucks what hell they are doing i have to register twice my threads are gone posts all,im the new guy here but is always like this what a let down!!!!

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just read a little. Dec 12th the site was hacked into and lots of stuff was lost - member info, posts, entire fora. They chose to restart, loading everything up from their last uncorrupted backup. Big f* deal.

I think they made the right decision.

6. b17waistgunner

b17waistgunner New Member

Dec 14, 2002
    mohton,pa,usa
    it happing three times today...that is really bad,oh well cant have any fun and it is a f*****G big deal a lot people put a lot unto this and the people who hack are just jealouse.

7. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Crashes and etc.

I was going to post an update but of course, everyone knows by now. The odd thing is that I posted right after the site was down and those posts were gone.

Functionality should be restored, however. Keep in mind - if you want primary access to Bigsoccer.com you do have the freedom to purchase a Premium membership which allows you to hit a different server - hence you won't receive error messages and "server too busy" messages.

Needless to say it is a pain in the ass for the administration of the site. But IMO the right measures are taken to restore the site to the way it was and if anything, admin. became aware that new parameters had to be built in to prevent this from happening again.

Should anyone experience bugs or anything else wrong with the site or this forum that maybe I or other mods/admin overlooked, feel free to post it here, drop me a PM, or visit the suggestions and announcements thread and place it there.