Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    If he’s not careful he could end up playing in the championship like Bojan and affelay

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats becoming more and more likely with every match.

As I said in the match thread, I have had it with him. Hes the epitome of mediocrity and illusion that right now defines this team. Hes not good enough and won't get better. The only thing hes above average in is his shooting.

What I hate most about him is that he doesn't have any flair or intelligence to think creatively and out of the box. He just plays that stupid methodical automated spanish football, doesn't think one move ahead, doesn't take on his man when he moves in on him, doesn't have any sense of timing. Just going back and passing back.

Can't believe people said its fine we didnt get Mbappe, we have Asensio. He's a younger Lucas Vazquez and it doesn't really matter what position you play him in because hes the same everywhere.

ABB94 repped this.
  3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Too harsh.
    He was a little unlucky tonight. Had some good moves. Could have scored a golazo but hit the bar.

After conceding, the whole team just gave up. He tried something but was not good enough.

2Magia2 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course, its the occasional golazo that keeps people believing. And that is because he has a good shot as I said. Other than that average at best at everything.

ABB94 repped this.
  5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He needs a good coach. He was doing fine under Zizou

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asensio's is a precarious situation similar to Bale's 2-3 years ago. We can hold on and hope he will put it all together and become "that" guy one of these days or we sell now anticipating that his price will plummet and his sale won't cover the cost of his replacement.

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Depends on how you define fine. I also think hes fine, hes just not a world beater. Wasn't under Zidane, hasn't improved under Lopetegui or Solari. I guess expectations were set too high on him. But as of now I'd be perfectly happy if hes sold for 50-60 million.

8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I won't give up for now. I wanna see him play under a capable manager, say Pochettino, first. If he doesn't improve, then yeah.

Almost every one in the forward line has been underwhelming under Lopetegui or Solari. We had hopes for Mariano and he also seems to have regressed. I don't believe that the whole squad just turned into garbage.

9. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #1184 Varnagel, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    He had a awful game against Rayo Vallecano, bottled multiple chances that should've ended up a 3-0 lead for us and played badly in general. But since RM won the game, it'll be swept under the rug.

At this point, I'd much rather see Vinicius being a starter ahead of him.

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  10. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's clearly mental stage. hope he will recover.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Positive thing was that he was making runs through the middle. Clearly lacking confidence with his finishing this season though.

Anon. and temesgen repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Asensio will always struggle playing wide. Especially on left flank.

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmmmm I’m one thread you ask “who cares how Real Madrid play as long as we bring the 3 points” and in this one you seem to care how at least one person played even though we got the said same points, sooo which is it, individuals make up the team and affect how the team plays

S1na, Zidane05 and PigBenis repped this.
  14. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Since we're on Asensio's thread were we're talking about his individual performacnes (or anything that matters about him), I think it's nothing but fair for calling him out for having a bad game. I'm just calling a spade for a spade here.

Asensio should be consider lucky that Courtois bailed him out with a couple of great saves. Otherwise, he would've been criticized in the media for being the reason why Real Madrid have dropped points against Rayo Vallecano for the first team in the history.

Oh well, it will be long forgotten anyway since Real Madrid won 3 points.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahhh, contradictions, I imagine the person that said this , “ who cares how Real Madrid plays as long as we bring the 3 points”, did exactly what you said above, anyway, we move on

16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marco needs to sniff a line or two before each half to get his cojones back

17. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Real Madrid's defensive approach against Rayo Vallecano at home, doesn't prevent anyone for criticizing on how bad Asensio was. There's no contradiction whatsoever.

18. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    I rather Vinicius out there than Asensio. Asensio just seems to be doing his own thing, does not look to link up with his attacking partners.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's lacking confidence right now, but you can see his quality shine through regularly. I believe in him

-Reivax-, raven3k, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    22, still plenty of time to grow, but he clearly needs to improve, can't just rely on the occasional longshot golazo.

Digital repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It had been more then enough in his first three years. Gonna be hard to reverse that now without buying someone and sending the signal the club changed its mind. We sent James packing and blew off Hazard thinking he was the next Mbappe only three years older and slower.

robnycus repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sound really bitter. Imagine being this desperate to see real Madrid players play bad.

Umar repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bitter just more ready to accept the reality of the situation.

24. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Some of our fans are going crazy over Barca's 150M signing Dembele scoring couple of goals. While Asensio is shit even though he has been contributing for two seasons now. Yes he is having a poor season but cant really blame him while the entire team has been abysmal..

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The great thing about Asensio is that he was such a steal, if we sell him great and if he stays we got a bargain on a squad player.

The problem is that we relied on him to take over Ronaldo's position and he's not ready for that and may never be an every game starter caliber of player here.