Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Isco is a wonderful player . A gem , a classy player to watch . But in my opinion , Asensio can be much more lethal and way more direct . That's exactly the same reason why I would pass on a Hazard move . What we need is to give playing time to Asensio and other youngsters . Get Sané and a decent striker.

2. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asensio has played like four good games in eight months. Did the same thing last season. He has a knack for coming good in the big games but he's kind of like Benzema in that regard, if you rely on him exclusively to be a game in, game out contributor your season comes to an end before December.

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Not possible. City won’t just hand over one of their best players.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #754 Eddie, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    He's 22, he can improve his consistency. There's something special about Asensio, i have a feeling he's gonna be here for a long time. He's already delivered in some pretty big games, i am confident he can be more consistent.

He does need more playing time though.

5. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fully agreed, he's such a big game player already and (of course) supremely talented. Has to stay, will be huge in the future IMO.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think he'll be here a long time as well. Not just because of his obvious talent but also he has this humility that Madridistas love and will keep him around for a long time. Totally different players but his personality has a little bit of Raul in it. His knack to deliver on big stages is also out of the ordinary.

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am enjoying every minute this kid gets as of late

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Asensio has the best decision making in the final third amongst all the best young talents in the world.....Really picks out the right pass more often than not.... very rare quality in young players. And ...no stage seems too big for him...love that!

Doni, Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio: “When I dont play, I try to believe Im doing bad, to force myself to improve. It was my fault & my responsibility when I was out of the Starting XI. I tried to do everything in the 10 mins I had. I want to be at Real Madrid for many years.”

Shay Z, raven3k, Vector-SS and 9 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is the right mentality to succeed at Madrid.

Not the mentality some people have on here where they blame everyone (especially Zidane) except the player. Sometimes I wonder if they do this because that's how they go through their own life... then wonder why they haven't had successes.

11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Difference between him and Morata. Morata didn’t want to fight for his place, everybody here said why should he? They congratulated him for leaving, happy we were losing a good striker.

Look at all the current legends and greats in our team, they all have had to fight for their place. Asensio has got it right and that is good to see.

Saeta Rubia, Anon. and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this is such bs. Morata moved because it was irrelevant to how good he was, benzema was always playing ahead.
    This year, benzema is so shit, that even zidane can't ignore it, but even this year, like in the last games, there is really no reason to play Benzema, he literally adds nothing.
    Marco's situation is a bit different because, as I wrote, Benzema is so shit that even zidane can't ignore, and we have injuries in midfield all the time, and Bale is injured a lot as well.
    Last, we all know, that it doesn't matter how hard Marco tries, he is never going to be a fixed starter. In this club, there will always be some kind of a "BBC" form that will cost a lot of money to buy and that will be the sure starters. Marco, Isco, Lucas, will never be in that status. They are not hyped enough.

Nathanial Essex and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd say that it applies more to Bale and even possibly Isco this season.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You literally have no idea what youre talking about. There are other ways to contribute except scoring goals.

I'm happy for Asensio's resurgence but at this point he still looks like a Lucas Vazquez in the making. Hard worker and a competent team player that can help in many ways, but not a key piece.

15. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All of our current greats didn’t have to fight for their place?

Only exceptions I can think of, Ronaldo (for obvious reasons) and Kroos (not much competition in midfield when he first came).

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #766 4x4s, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Asensio at this moment is a better option than Bale. Even with both of them completely fit. He's more precise, plays a tighter game overall. Seems more dangerous to me, and works harder defensively.

He's earning himself more minutes every season, i think by next season, we'll confidently move Bale on because to be honest, we already have his replacement in Madrid.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    That doesn't mean leaving to become a player of your own on the other hand is wrong.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’d rather they become great players here.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Attaboy.

20. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I've got a feeling this kid is going to be the star of the world cup. He loves the big moments and loves to score those obscene goals. Perfect for a new world cup star.

Floren will have to double his wages lol

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He will happily double his wages if it means he has a marketable star and top quality player on the flank, and can shift Bale and his wages out of the club at the same time.

I like Bale as a player but I agree with 4x4s - if Asensio can force his way into the first team as a regular starter, that's a really good thing.

Zidane05 repped this.
  22. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Morata did fight for his place. He was better than Benzema pretty much all of last season and yet Benzema would start over him constantly. Case with Asensio is that he does see himself getting more minutes when he performs thats why he fights harder but in Morata's case, no matter how well he performed Benzema would always start over him and Zidane would bring him for the last 2 minutes of the game(done that a couple of times). Most people would have done what Morata did and move to a different club.

Iscodisco repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Will he be a starter over Isco or Silva?
    That’s the question

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does he have to be? Front 6 of Costa Silva Asensio Isco Busquests Koke

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010