Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    For me he is best behind the forward line. I'm assuming we will transition Isco to Modric's CM role and Asensio in the hole behind Cristiano and Bale/Benzema when we play he starts.

2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Isco will transition to Modric's CM role any time soon. That would limit him too much.

ABB94 repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We didn't buy Mbappe because 'we have Asensio'.

How wrong were everybody (myself included) about this guy? Zero progress, zero contribution and, most worryingly, zero footballing brain.

I wouldn't be surprised if his ceiling is Lucas Vazquez.

4. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's hard to single out anyone with how crap basically the entire squad has been.

5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has 0 confidence in his actions as do many of our players atm. Talent is there obviously just needs more playing time, yes he plays crap but still. so did Isco for a time, he just needs minutes.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Everyone has been crap, but our transfer activity this summer was due in major part to our faith in Asensio. We let James go and didn't replace him because we have Asensio

We didn't need anyone, we have Asensio!

saadomar and robnycus repped this.
  7. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Bullshit. He has had plenty of minutes and failed all season to produce. He might need another loan. The club put faith but he hasn't lived up to it.

8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure about that anymore. With the confidence that he was given he was supposed to take the next step, not regress into this useless ballhog.

9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah bullshit i reckon you were the same person who said we should sell Isco cuz he was holding the ball too much bla bla, KIDS need TIME. so does Asensio.

4x4s repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    What exactly do you expect him to produce at this point when team is completely broken?

11. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I reckon you're a ********ing dumbass because I've never said such a thing about Isco.

I expect him to at least take on players.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, people were considering Isco a bother and that he wall all about pointlessly fannying around with the ball and he's now a key element in the team. Asensio is at a point where he needs trust, especially since he still manages to produce magic from time to time, that shows that he's actually capable of it.

janos audron repped this.
  13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Gven proper team environment, minutes and position he will without any doubt do that.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t even see him as a ballhog , actually the opposite, he just isn’t there, mostly invisible to me , doing nothing , I forget he is on the pitch, IMO he needs to actually get on the ball more and try to make stuff happen but the game just passes him by and he seems happy with that, no fight no urgency nothing

Ahmadi8, J-Mezzy and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I have no doubt he can. He has already in the past. This season however he hasn't, he has disappeared after the Super Cup. The glimpses of brilliance are too few and far between. He needs to show a lot more I think.

Isco was never afraid to fail. He also took the critisim as a challenge often. Asensio is showing the opposite, he looks scared and doesn't want the responsibility. Won't succeed at this club if he has that attitude. It would be a shame because he has so much talent.

I hope he learns to take the game on more.

Digital repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He used to be such a difference maker last season even against top teams coming on as a sub. Barca and Bayern couldn't deal with him whenever he had the ball. Right now he's actually looking like a player who does't pose any threat part from an odd goal here and there. Like Pedro's final years at Barca.

Anon. repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes this is exactly what it looks like to me, like he diesn’t want to take on the responsibility, even when he rarely gets on the ball , he looks for the easiest out, pass it back 2 ft or try a cross that’s either atrocious or blocked, but I know he has more quality in him than that , we’ve seen it, he has great vision too as far as I am concerned, but nowadays he seems to be shunning all that, maybe his form has dropped or he’s been instructed to play a certain way or something, something has definitely changed in him at the moment, he’s just hiding out there now, for sure he’s a lot better than we are seeing from him at the moment

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Point being everybody has disappeared this seasons. Considering that, it`s not surprising that Asensio is struggling.

19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Its surprising that he is afraid of the responsibility and criticism. So much he'd rather always pass or coast through games instead of trying to make something happen.

Digital repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How does he not have all these?

In any case, if hes not a ballhog, hes still useless. Doesn't add anything to our game.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    We didn't buy Mbappe because we weren't going to pay his salary demands. It had nothing to do with Asensio.

We sold James because of Asensio, that's an argument you can make.

-Reivax-, Ahmadi8, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Getting Mbappe or another starter forward would have meant Asensio would not progress and this is not what the team wanted, which is why Hames was sent to Bayern.
    The team was banking on Asensio basically to become our Mbappe.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I really like Ascensio but people should stop this comparison.

At 22, Ascensio is nowhere near of what Mbappe was at 18. They are not playing in the same category.

If Flo really thought he could become Mbappe-like, then he needs new glasses.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good player. But not an mbappe-like player, nowhere near it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    They did think that actually. I dont think they consider Asensio to become a bench player for us throughout all of his career.

25. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    You can be a starter here without being as talented as Mbappe.

I think Ascensio will be a starter here someday.