Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Performance wise - he hasn't been doing well since the Valencia game unfortunately. He could've made life difficult for Bale if he continued his form

Lyra repped this.
  2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no, he will be benched once Bale is fit.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any other comments Zizou?

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ahhm, Benzema is the greatest forward that ever played the game.

Deep Pal, Lyra and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you take away the fame, money and delicious hospital jello, Bale's life is already difficult.

Digital repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol

7. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio does well when playing in the middle, he hasnt shown the same consistency on the wing unfortunately... its difficult to fit him in with ronaldo or benz, I'd like to see him start as a CF with ronaldo upfront, he can surely finish and control the ball better than benzema at this point and since thats what ronaldo is looking for in a partner it might just work... plus the kid is a hard worker and a winner and thats always good to have the whole 90 minutes

8. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Asensio not happy with his game-time
    Marco Asensio is now considering offers from Manchester City and Manchester United for a summer move next season after not getting regular playing time since the start of the new season.​

The report has been further confirmed by Diario Gol, who claim that the Spaniard is finding it hard to battle the likes of Isco, Gareth Bale and Lucas Vasquez for a place in the starting XI and his agent has assured him of a starter role in Premier League.

Despite their steady start to the season, both Manchester clubs are looking to add quality to their sides and have identified Asensio as a possible target for next season.

However, both clubs need to remember that Asensio recently signed a contract extension with Real Madrid and his current release clause stands at €700 million

NOTE: I am not sure how reliable this news is, could be BS.

9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has already played more than he deserves, based on some of the recent performances...

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and Halycon repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my Barca friends compared Asensio to Lucas Vazquez as just squad players in terms of talent... :devilish::mad:

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Despite recent performances, that's just ridiculous. Asensio is obviously very talented and if he can get his shit together he has a very bright future with us.

HZinho, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can anyone explain whats the problem with this guy?

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Problem is he scored some Golazo's and got OVERhyped. Kid is talented, but still has a lot of work to do. He is 21 now, Isco showed more brilliance at his age.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Isco went through literally the exact same thing his first couple of years here, and that was the reason he was in and out of the lineup.

Asensio is being played way too high up the pitch. To me, his best asset is ball control, pace, vision and his shot obviously. He's better utilized deeper and up the middle, similar to how Carlo moved Isco from a winger to a CM. Playing him on the wing or as a SS is really limiting what he can do.

HZinho, Ahmadi8 and Shay Z repped this.
  15. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It took Isco years and years. At some moments I thought he'd never make it and just finish up as a "could have been". Give the kid some time.

16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought playing as a wing forward is his preferred position, since hes fast, a good shooter, and his passing is not that great (or at least not the type of passing you want) for a midfielder.

Eddie repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    This is also my impression. He is like James.. Attacking midfielder who can play in the wing, isn't he Cristiano's long term replacement?
    Converting him to CM IMO would be a waste..

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He doesn't seem comfortable there. He always wants the ball, and that's quite evident by how far he drops back. He has literally no space to do anything out on the wing, and he isn't the type of player that will get past players on a regular basis so all he ends up doing up there is just making a pass back or trying to set the FB away on an overlapping run.

Digital repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lyra, madridista_hr, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn that shot was satisfying

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've said it almost every match thread, i hope he takes more long range shots. He shouldn't overdo it, but if there's an opening he should go for it.

Cristiano used to do that, and even if they weren't that effective it made the defenses know that the threat can come from outside the box too.

Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  22. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His best asset is definitely his shooting. Other areas of his game are decent but not great, still needs work but he's only 21.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    The guy is an amazing long shot merchant.

Noone does a better job than him in this area.

24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with @Zidane05. Asensio shouldn’t be play too high up the field. The only ‘extra’ he has that actually works against him, is his pace. He’s so fast with the ball at his feet than managers like using him on the wings, but to me he’s much more than that. He’s definitely a more intelligent player than Isco was (and is?). He has vision and the passing to actually do something with that vision. I think he’s better as a midfielder, but it says a lot that he can also impress as a forward. The kid is serious business and just needs to find some consistency. He’ll get there!

madridista_hr, Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  25. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think he is good enough to play regularly on the wings. I would prefer to play him behind a striker but he is easily good enough to be a winger.

His crossing is very good (I think he dropped one on Benzema's head and God only knows how Karim missed it), his movement on both the attacking and defensive phase is excellent and he glides past players with the ball.

I do agree he's probably better in a 451 withdrawn wide midfielder role than a 433 type wing forward role. But for me you find a way to play this guy every week (whether as sub or starter), whatever the formation.