Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He should be starting already. Kid is hungry and getting better each game. I doubt Zidane will drop Bale yet but if Asensio keeps performing like he is, I am sure he will displace Bale.

Kroosinator repped this.
  2. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sooo, is this kid special or not? Such a rare talent. Yesterday it looked like we were witnessing history being written. Amazing stuff!

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe in a team not named Real Madrid...

Kroosinator, saadomar and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #629 saadomar, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Zidane's notion that somehow he can make Bale and Benzema play out of a flunk is costing very talented players their true potential. Morata and James moved on. Asensio and Isco will do the same next season if this charade continues.

Interestingly enough, I have heard nothing official about Isco and Asensio's renewal and their supposed "increased buyout clause". In the current market, 150 million for Isco and 75 million for Asensio is a steal, and if their renewals aren't finalized already, then that means there's a probability for other teams to pry them away if they can convince them. We are NOT replacing that kind of talent for anywhere near that kind of money in this market.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lets be realistic here; our starting XI should be as follows based on form (since April)

Asensio Cristiano
    Isco
    Kroos Casemiro Modric
    Marcelo Varane Ramos Carvajal
    Keylor
    Bale and Benzema to be in the rotation with Lucas, Kova, Ceballos and co

7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you meant the opposite right? lets play fantasy football, because in reality, Benz and Bale are starting every game.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I sincerely think that "x never lost a game in which __ scored" is the dumbest stat ever. It doesn't even mean anything good. Scoring in a game when you're 0:2 down is more important than scoring in a 4:0 game.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't you post something similar about Kovacic a while back :D?

10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, it was that we never lost a game which he STARTED. Completely different.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. When a player only plays a handful of games, mostly clean up duty when we are winning or against relegation you see those stats. Seen plenty before with players like Kaka and James.

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
  13. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw something about Asensio playing and possibly starting over Morata as a false 9 in Spain's upcoming game vs Italy. Not sure about this as it seems his best position is going be as a SS playing behind a true striker. But it certainly would be interesting to see and something we might have to consider this year with our lack of depth up front. Really wish we could have gotten an experienced 9 on loan.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bale will get the heat from the fans, but Asensio was worse. Nonexistent

Zidane05 repped this.
  15. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One cost 100 M,the other did 4. One is shoehorned into the team even when he's shit, the other spent majority of the last season on bench and is constantly fighting for a spot.

One is a 21 yo youngster and the other should be in his prime (28). One is booed for being shit consistently while the other has been scoring lately and crucial goals at that.

Ofc Bale will get the heat.

Deep Pal, Kroosinator and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of his worst games in a while. Don't know what was wrong but expected better than he did today. Things to look back and make sure not to repeat the same mistakes.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Easy. He has been playing really well up until today.
    He does dissapear in games though but he makes it up with his golazos.

18. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't want to make any excuses for him, but he's been getting as consistent a run of starts and minutes as he's had since being at Espanyol. I thought he played a fair amount of minutes over the break as well, so I'm not too concerned by a single subpar showing just yet.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroosinator and S1na repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Robben,James.

J-Mezzy and Hsain85 repped this.
  21. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't agree with that. Some of those players were absolutely crucial and starter for their teams. Alli,Mbappe,Dembele,Donnarumma,Jesus, Werner, Tielemans for example.

Meanwhile Asensio played just 1300 minutes last season in La Liga & UCL. That's less than 15 full matches. Had 6 goals and 3 assists.

Alli had 19 goals, 7 assists. Mbappe 21 goals,8 assists at just 18 years old. Werner 21 goals, 5 assists. Donnarumma crucial and starting for third season in a row and he's just 18.

I love Asensio but he's just a sub player at the moment and aside from banging in a few golazos he didn't show too much. I think being 5th at that list would be generous, after Mbappe,Allli,Donna and one of Werner/Jesus.

Kroosinator, J-Mezzy and Lyra repped this.
  23. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but apart from Mbappé (who is simply bizarre) I don't think any of those has the same skillset (or ceiling) as Asensio. The kid has pace, vision, passing, finishing touch and - more importantly - game changing ability. Donna is a GK, he won't win it. Jesus just came to Europe in January and was injured for 2 months, no? Werner and Alli have shown results at a lower level. I don't know, Asensio is really special. He didn't come in after a fantastic WC (Ozil) and surprise everyone with instant impact. He came from a loan deal at Espanyol and could have ended up like all the others, at a club like Getafe. However, he didn't. He was crucial at times last season and has started this one in great form.

I have to give it to you though, I expected a top 3 result but not a win (thought Mbappe would take it with Asensio 2nd).

Kroosinator repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah he's definitely too high on that list, but I'm glad he's getting recognition

25. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree. Also, don't think he dealt with the pressure post his classico and Valencia performance well.