Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel like every time he scores it's not just a goal - it's a golazo. I remember feeling the same way about James during his first season under Ancelotti. But when this kid has space out in front and he takes that little touch off to the left, it's game over.

3. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let's look at the positives from the game for a minute. What a player he is becoming. It's rare a single player can save games like that, he is a special talent.

raven3k and libertao repped this.
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's going to leave like Morata if Zidane benches him once the BBC is fit and allowed ot play.
    This guy should never see the bench with Bale and/or Benzema playing unless he's being rested.

Deep Pal and RaMaaa repped this.
  5. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Wrote this a couple of weeks ago...

..and Benzale continue to reinforce my belief.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting to see who will start. i mean serioslyif Isco/Asensio will sit while BBC starts...

Kroosinator repped this.
  7. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I said the same thing last week when half this forum was saying bale only started because of rotation and were happy with it lol . I dont see benzema getting dropped so i can see asensio sitting and then have a morata take 2 at the end of the season

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Second matchday and the eyeliner and my chemical romance cds are out.

jgun07, libertao, 9Qui and 2 others repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We are lucky Bartomeu is an idiot.

If he was any kind of competent, we'd have to face a Dembele-Asensio attack the next ten years.

-Reivax-, Deep Pal and janos audron repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio >> Benzema + Bale.

That's a fact.

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bernabeu reaction will be hilarious. I would not be surprised if there would be some mortar fire.

RaMaaa repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He and Isco both need to be full time starters.

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh I don't know, with Gareth it's probably the second matchday plus a whole season last season but hey who knows, some people get tired of ..............waiting......... as for Benz well , no words,

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Asensio is a part of the reason why Perez did not actively go for Mbappe.

S1na and robnycus repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He shouldn't be. Two different players at two different positions.

Lyra, Kroosinator, janos audron and 4 others repped this.
  16. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly. We'd be wrong to try and correlate the two.

I will say that he was fantastic today overall and showed balls to not only step up for that freekick but bury it and save us a point. He has a bright future here if we manage him properly. However, as good as he performance was today, it should not distract management from addressing some glaring issues before the end of the month.

17. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    While he was phenomenal, still aspects of his game to work on. He was largely at fault for their first goal. His tracking back is suspect at best.

Digital repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I noticed this last season. He is like another CR7 when it comes to defending.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is like saying, I think Florentino shouldn't got for Toni Kroos because Real Madrid have Luka Modric.

The reality is Florentino isn't a galactico closer anymore ever since the market went completely crazy. His tactics of waiting till the end of August to actually do something doesn't work when he isn't the wealthiest guy at the table. The longer he waits the further the player gets from Madrid He should move quietly and quickly even if the cost is at a premium.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At best, Florentino is the 4th richest guy at the table, behind City, PSG and most probably United. The tide has definitely changed in terms of pulling power, and players considered to be future world beaters won't give a crap about legacy and history as we move into the future.
    Floro needs to also start thinking and planning about how are we going to put ourselves in a stronger financial position to compete on signings, i.e. increased revenues through proper sponsorship deals. I'm not talking about balancing the books, that's what the Arsenal and Spurs boards do, and we know that he's done a great job of that already.

22. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane is probably hoping that Bale picks up a injury so he doesn't have to bench Asensio .

23. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it sounds bad and just bad. but it worked with Isco.

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    To keep the forum somewhat readable, Bale and Benzema talk go in their threads. We don't need the Beavis and Buttheads trying to use every single post on this forum as a catalyst for shitting on Bale.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Will do

9Qui repped this.