Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009

Brilliant, hope he gets more minutes

Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes back:inlove:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    His speed is quite deceiving. He doesn't look like he's running fast, but when you look at the space he eats up compared to the defender, you notice it.

Anyway, there needs to be a legitimate plan for him next season. I can't say anything other than this season has hurt his progression, and it's quite frustrating to see a young talent like him wasted on the bench as is the case with others on this team.

Doni, RMSocrates, Shay Z and 6 others repped this.
  4. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good point. And I know I've mentioned it before but he isn't just fast but he has that Kaka-esque ability (when he was good) to keep the ball close to his feet while sprinting with it, which is a nightmare for defenders.

I'll be quite annoyed if he and Morata didn't get significantly bigger role to play in next season.

5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It will only happen if Ronaldo and Benzema go.

6. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has done well whenever he has started. Truly a great talent. I think he will see more minutes next season if Isco leaves.

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, yeah that's not gonna happen,but I think we could figure out something by selling only one of them (hopefully Benzema). Asensio could slot in either wing, and Morata can rotate with Ronaldo or play with him in a 4-2-2 or start some games as LW as he once played under Mourinho in the clasico and wasn't bad.

Again, that's unlikely. Actually I think even if we sell one of them we will just go back to buy another big name and figure out later how to fit him in instead of counting on Asensio, Morata, Isco ....

MerlinRM and Zidane05 repped this.
  8. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    asensio has the better version of james and isco combined.isco's ball control and dribbling and james passing and incisiveness.looking forward to him what he can be in future.he is just 20.i think it is better to loan him out next summer if we can get hold of both james and isco.

9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Asensio's minutes would increase if 2 of Isco, James, and Vasquez leave. Even then, I don't think its beneficial to his talent for him to stay as a backup here until one of CR7 or Bale leaves. I say loan him out to a team like Sevilla or Eibar and let him develop more.

This kid showed raw talent at Espanyol and glimpses here. While its great to know we own him, its hard to imagine he'll be given a chance if CR or Bale leaves instead of Flo getting a new galactico.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wish we could send Asensio away to develop some more. Jese was wasted here, but Asensio is already far more talented than Jese ever was. I think we need to cultivate him in an Italian or German atmosphere playing some top football.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We definitely have to nurture him the right way. This year, for the most part, has been a wasted year as far as his development goes. Like Zo5 said, we need to have a proper plan for our young talents.

MerlinRM repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It makes no sense to bring him back for a season and then loan him again. It would be better for him to have stayed on a loan at the first place.

Zidane05 repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, once they knew that James wasn't leaving, should have facilitated a loan move for Asensio.

janos audron repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what's best for this kid right now. Hope mgmt does.

RMSocrates, Shay Z and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Same. Thankfully I don't have to make these decisions. I just hope we do right by him. Alvaro as well.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope so man. They are both young, hungry and skillful enough to play bigger roles.

17. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Ahmadi8 and MerlinRM repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are talking about Marcos Asensio. This kid has almost no claim to a spot on a team of Madrid's calibre. He did well but he has to sustain that type of performance for a period of time longer than he's even been at the club. Can't compare him with the likes of Isco, James, and Morata.

19. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest Asensio has always been consistent whenever he has played. I've been supporting Real Madrid for over 15 years now and I think Asensio is the most talented youngster that we ever had.

He is really complete. Good finisher, amazing creator & creativity, one of the best dribblers, outstanding ball control and hard worker on the pitch.

I want James to leave in order to give this guy more deserved minutes. If he has playing in any other team, trust me he'd be the most talked about youngster. He has nothing to envy from anyone. I love watching him play, really a joy to watch. I want to see him and Isco play together

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    What are you talking about the kid has 8 goals this season and is responsible for our goal of the season on top of that.

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Not really. He started the season hot and then went cold . Had a string of games where he was not adding to much value in games and then Zidane forgot about him until just recently.
    The kid has talent but I think he needs to play week in and week out to fully develop into a top player.

22. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Problem is Asensio is in the dreaded cover LW position. Depending on what happens with Isco this summer, Asensio may have to adapt to CM behind Kroos to get some minutes going forward.

I still think we should have loaned him out this season, too good of a player to not play week in and week out

23. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
  24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This guy at 19/20 was carrying Espanyol's sorry asses by himself last season. Really happy to see Zidane trust him in the biggest stage of all.

Should see more minutes going forward especially next season with James leaving and maybe Isco too.

Ahmadi8 and Crimson repped this.
  25. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    He outplayed Bale and James tonight. But that's not what I love the most about him.

He actually wants to be here and is grateful for doing so.

Benched for 3 months, know what he says, It's ok I'm here whenever Zidane needs me. No drama, because he knows how good he is and he knows he is exactly where he wants to be. Not at all ungrateful for the opportunity.

This kid is the future. I absolutely love him.