Welcome back to the primera OIimpo, gimnasia and central!

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by EnglishBostero, Jun 2, 2013.

1. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im happy to see the return of gimnasia, i didn't think they deserved to get relegated last time, and will be more than welcome back, same goes for olimpo and as ive never seen rosario central in the primera I'm looking forward to seeing them. I guess those games could be quite fiesty and the derby with newells will add spice to the division.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rosario Central and Gimnasia y Esgrima are traditional "A" teams. Of course, we get two good Clásicos back, and on a negative note we get a lot of bad barra bravas back.

Olimpo is a small team, but they've been run well lately. I'm glad they made it back.

So, no teams from Metropolitan Buenos Aires return to la A. It's one from Rosario, one from La Plata and one from Bahia Blanca.

And we may lose a couple from El Gran Buenos Aires. Probably just one, either Independiente, Argentinos Juniors or Quilmes along with Union de Santa Fe and most likely San Martin de San Juan.

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Olimpo is a nice team. They always go up and then go back down. River fans have fond memories of playing them. We clinched the title in Bahia Blanca in 2003 and against Olimpo in Nuñez in 2008.

Central is a traditional team. They should be in primera, as should gimnasia.

As the teams fighting to stay up, I hope Argentinos goes down. You can't play a decent game of futbol on that field no matter how hard you try, and its made yet even more difficult when Caruso is their coach. This River game is painful, not for River, but rather for Argentinos and their shitty stadium

4. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we are talking about teams we would like to see relegated, arsenal are pretty high on my list.

A horrid little ground and it shows the state of futbol argentino when a team like arsenal can win the championship...

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal will never go down.

Tomorrow, when River beats Independiente, they will be in the B

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was my first reaction too, good thing we have another dangerous road game for the fans....

La Platas an easy trip to make though and I'd prefer it over the 2/3s of a stadium Independiente has

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The best part of this is that Independiente won't come back up right away and no one will even care. Honestly, the primera division will be better off without them

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  8. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not for the first time we wont agree.Independiente are in bad shape and as some of their so called hinchas showed today they are almost subhuman.But every club has that problem.They have however contributed hugely to the quality of Argentine futbol over the years unlike the ones competing with Argentinos for last place.

Steazy McCloud repped this.