Welcome, #15, Daniel Sturridge! (And sadly - Goodbye and Goodluck)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Twenty26Six, Jan 2, 2013.

1. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not a physio but seems like the biggest issue with high ankle sprains is they don't heal if you try and play through them. They are the kind of injury that you just have to suck it up and rest for them to get better. So thinking it shouldn't be a problem since he should have a chance to get plenty of rest.

2. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG]

This is only 25 of them :cry:

3. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Danny has certainly scored bags of goals in a Liverpool kit but even with a good return, I feel like his days at Anfield are numbered. He just doesn't put in the work Klopp requires as shown by his paltry touches yesterday against Man Utd. He would do just fine as the features striker somewhere else. My gut says he will be sold in the summer, if not January.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to be fair he was a bit isolated in that first half with ManU going long and our midfielders not getting much of the ball. but yeah he just doesn't quite seem to fit.

5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. It's bigger than yesterday, his style just doesn't seem to work as well under Klopp. He can still produce that moment of magic though - he's a class player even if he moves on.

6. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t know about Klopp but I was bothered when he was in the box and the ball was rolling towards the touch line and he turned and walked away instead of chasing. If that was Ings he would've made the effort

7. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking about this, and honestly the only place I see for Sturridge in the team is on the right of the front three in place of Mane when he is at the African Cup. I'd rather see Firmino up front, and if not him then Origi or Ings.

hubbabubba repped this.
  8. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even with Mane out, you wonder if Lallana would slot up onto the right. We could then put Wynaldum alongside Can, and in front of Henderson in the midfield three.

Unless Sturridge finds some way to distinguish himself from Origi in quality, I just don't see a long term place for him as a starter on this team. He could still be hugely effective as a super-sub in games we're trailing, but even there Origi has the better physical attributes.

ThatEndDown repped this.
  9. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, Lallana could fill in for Mane on the right but I'm not sure I see that happening. He has been playing so well in the new central role Klopp has given him this season, and he might not be as effective on the right.

10. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #110 newterp, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    STURRIDGE FAREWELL LETTER

What can I say...

It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club. We were together for 7 seasons and took a lil break in between.
    We had a lot of high and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now.....

I wanna say to the fans I love y’all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

To my team mates old and new thank you for the memories the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a good bye cause Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am so speak soon. To the current group of players just letting you know that Sturr crazy sauces will still be available next season so don’t stress yourselves out the lucky sauce will be back

To the coaching staff thank you for everything pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be that goes for both old and new. Special shoutout to the managers Jurgen and Brendan for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be.

The fitness and medical department. Thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated. I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media. Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small “Smally” you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England national team . Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly Andy Massey you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood. Thank you for all the hours you put In Behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special Shoutout to my other mothers Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham thanks making life easier from boots to gear , top men!
    Ray , Jane , Rachael and Louise. I’ll miss you guys just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me.

To FSG you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Special mention for Mike Gordon who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football . Tom Werner you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie , John W Henry thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool.
    Lastly Mike Edwards who was a big part in recruiting me to the club . Had some great banter with you over the years

I’m so happy I was a part of the clubs 6th champions league win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and club during my tenure.
    I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club.
    Like I’ve always said it’s #redordead
    Thank you for the memories.

Much love
    Daniel

imasyko, Navieko, el-capitano and 2 others repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    wow, that's classy.

he leaves us with some really wonderful memories. all the best, Danny !

12. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC