Weekly MASL game on Watch ESPN?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Oct 14, 2014.

1. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I'm hearing that the Comets home opener (11/15 v Wave) will be an ESPN3 match as well. If that's right they will be 3 for 3 on the platform

2. SoccerMan25

SoccerMan25 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Clearly, this ESPN3 package isn't shaping up the way most soccer purist would have imagined. Showcasing a game from Chicago when BALTIMORE is on the schedule is risky. But hey, it's whatever. I have a lot of confidence in the Commissioner of the MASL. He seems to know what he is doing and has shown a willingness to work/compromise with the owners.

3. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Isn't this game PASL champ vs MISL champ?

Scooge repped this.
  4. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Yep, this has been tagged #ClashOfChampions on the Comets social media at least

5. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Pretty sure the ticket I'm printing from the Mustangs actually has "Clash of Champions" on it, too. Good early game for both sides.

CometsFan repped this.
  6. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Syracuse vs Baltimore will be the more highly skilled, competitive game. But you have to put champ vs champ on een if your expecting Missouri to win by 10 in SPS.

7. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I saw two posts that just ticked me. First a post saying that Kevin Milliken knowing what he's doing. Well, partly true, he probably knows by now the mask is quickly becoming a sinking ship of Titanic proportions and like the MISL hasn't learned a damn thing about putting more lifeboats aboard. And a post saying the Syracuse-Baltimore being the more highly skilled, competitive game. Yep, just like saying Milliken knows what he is doing, some people still live in fantasy land, and sometimes it's damn hard to save a drowning man. The only thing that could draw any excitement about a Syracuse game is trying to figure out whether the attendance is the announced attendance or the real attendance. I'm betting like the first two years the numbers are padded. But then again, they could be using MPS math when they do their attendance figures !!!!

8. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever watched a Syracuse game? There've been some really exciting ones in recent years. And the Baltimore-Syracuse games were all pretty good last year if my memory serves me right.

9. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Not saying entirely it wouldn't be, a lot of my post is mockery of the attendance figures. With that said, I'm not the only one that thinks the KC-Chicago game could very well be one of the best games, or it could one if the worse! Everyone thought the KC-Dallas would be a definite watch, it was a yawner, other than watching the refs make asses of themselves. Definitely wasn't the fan drawer they thought they would have. I hope the sellout sticks so I can say see it should have been clash of the champions as the opening game if the MASL!!

10. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee v Missouri on Saturday......Might be the Comet's first actual game this season!

11. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 10.26.09 AM.png

Seems like Missouri has a stranglehold on the "MASL Game of the Week" on ESPN3.

12. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the Comets are paying for it and it's actually an "all Comets games" deal and not a true "MASL Game of the Week" deal.

The USSSA Pride in National Pro Fastpitch (women's pro softball, for anybody who doesn't know what "fastpitch" is) has a similar deal with ESPN3, except that theirs only covers home games and, even then, isn't for all of them because NPF has a TV time-buy on CBSSN.

13. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Not saying that the investment is evenly split among the teams, I don't know for sure, but I doubt the Comets are paying for all of it.

When you look at it, their first 3 games all fit for high profile broadcasts. The league opener against Dallas, the "Clash of Champions" and the first real test of MISL elite teams against each other this season.

Logistically, the arena they are in is easier than others for the Go Live and ESPN teams to work in too. I would expect they have quite a few games on that platform this year

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    If you look at this Saturday's schedule the only other potentially suitable games (based on facility and broadcasting prowess) are Rochester and Chicago.

CometsFan repped this.
  15. Go Live Sports Cast

Go Live Sports Cast New Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Here are the upcoming games on ESPN3 that are confirmed:
    11-22: Wichita at MIssouri
    11-29: Milwaukee at Chicago
    12-13: Detroit at St Louis

We noticed someone asked about Roku. We do have a Roku channel for Go Live Sports Cast, and some of the games will be on there.

lmfoust, MLSinCleveland and CometsFan repped this.
  16. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Worst post ever? Quite possibly. It's cute you thought Chicago has/had more skill than Baltimore or Syracuse. Also, even cuter you said people thought "Dallas-Missouri was a can't miss"...maybe people in Dallas said that but no one who has watched soccer before thought Dallas had any shot.

Chicago is in the St Louis-Rochester range of skill. Showcasing them against Missouri because of their "title" had to be done. But you should have known the more skilled, competitive game would not have been that game.

17. WPSL

WPSL Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is ESPN 3 actually going to do the broadcast or just have a feed from a local broadcast or from Go Live Sports Cast?

18. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
    And my quoted post has what to do with your post? As far as worst ever, well maybe you ought to go back and read some of yours before you call mine the worst ever.

19. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm the one who said the skill level and competition level would be higher in the Syracuse-Baltimore game. It was, and will be.

20. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
  21. KP00

KP00 New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Does GoLive broadcast "live" games thru Roku, or only provide access to recorded games?

22. PepsiAddict

PepsiAddict Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live games are available on the Roku app as long as a stream is available ... I watched the Lancers vs Detroit game on my Roku and it worked out well.

When teams don't provide a stream (its happened on 2 games ive tried to watch) it wont be available on the Web or the Roku.

23. KP00

KP00 New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Tried to watch a game on Roku last week - no live feed on the GoLive channel. However, the game WAS live streaming on the GoLive website. Obviously not a smooth operating system yet.

24. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching comets tonight on espn3 not because it was my first choice but all the go live broadcasts are too choppy. This cannot be me alone can it?

25. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Not at all. Some if these feeds are terrible

Joey Tee repped this.