Weekday Home Games

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tsunami, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the college teams in your area schedule their weekday games to start before 4pm?

I ask because San Diego State has six of it's nine home games scheduled on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays - with five of those six games starting at 1pm (the other is at 3pm.)

That seems as a recipe for getting fewest fans possible...

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    My alma mater, Boise State University, has 2 of it's 6 home regular season matches scheduled for 4pm on a Friday.

3. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    I think so. The school probably doesn't care about attendance, and I'd guess that goes for a lot of schools. The early starting may have something to do with the visiting team not wanting to get back home after 2 am in the morning.

At St. Louis U., nearly all the games start at 7PM.

Washington U., which is DIII (but not the "real" DIII), has weekday games start at reasonable times, like 7pm. Or they play 5pm / 7pm Friday night DHs with the men's team, which they do a lot. When they do that, they also play at noon and 2 PM on Sunday against a different school.

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    It must be noted that in my neck of the woods, the three womens programs do not play on fields with lights. And when fall gets into full swing, precious daylight is hard to come by after 5pm.

5. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    We don't have lights on our field, so all home games on weekdays are played at 4 pm. We had one at 2 pm last year, and too many teachers complained about players being out of class for a home game, so we only play at 4 now. We don't really get many fans anyway, so that isn't even a factor in our game times.