PBP: Week 10 discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which reminds me: What will Boeing do after the 797? Text your suggestions to 7107 ;)

Three cross-country rematches this week!
    "We meet again, but this time, the advantage is mine! Ha ha ha!"
    [​IMG]

Injuries: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/injuries

In mid-July (Week 13), we'll lose some Euros for the Women's Euro.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier than that, most likely. National teams can require clubs to release players as early as 14 days before the start of major tournaments. The Euros begin on July 16th, so I would bet on every player participating to be gone after next weekend.

3. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [BOS-NC]
    Moment (minute?) of silence for Tony DiCicco.

4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early GOTW candidate from Lloyd. What a thunderbastard.

5. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [BOS-NC]
    44' 0-1 Zerboni dribbles to circle right, square pass left to S.Mewis making self available. Mewis flicks to Hamilton at circle top, continues her own run to create a a give-and-go. Hamilton fends off pressure, scuffs a pass behind Mewis at 24m arc left. Mewis, reaching back, one-touch drag-chips a perfect ground pass through arc top center for Hatch splitting the Boston-high line. Hatch follows ball untouched, ahead of 2 to 13m 1/3 left, chips one-touch right instep across mouth into back right low.

HT 0-1. S.Mewis as killer through-ball passer, mmm :coffee: this might work for a few cycles

CoachJon repped this.
  6. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ORL-HOU]
    45+4' (of +3') 0-1 Poliana backpass from 12m mid-right to arc top mid-right, Lloyd steps into it and one-touches a golaaaaaaaazo into back left high. It's a human reflex to stand motionless in shock after conceding like that, as the other team sprints the other way.

7. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ORL-HOU]
    62' 0-2 Lloyd dumps long from midfield mid-right to arc top wide right for Poliana to chase in a footrace. Poliana looks around, sees Daly running center lane, one-touch bends a soft ground pass to 8m 3-right. Bledsoe misjudges(?) the outswing, charges out but doesn't get close, Daly arrives and one-touch bends around Bledsoe into 1/4 right back low.

8. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WAS-POR]
    19' 1-0 Henry swings an innocuous square pass from circle back to Boureille at wide right (and way up). Simple tap centerward to Long, but Ordega jumps into a shoulder-challenge and dispossesses her, counters the other way with Boureille stranded upfield. Ordega fakes a cut leftward at arc top mid-left, spins Sonnett toward her own right flag, cuts back centerward behind Sonnett's back, shoots on the run from 18m arc left -- across mouth into back right low, past Franch's dive.

9. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe the Wrath of Carli had some positive influence on Houston? Plus a new coach.

Re Portland and Washington. I had about given up on Washington this season, but they're looking pretty good. Ordega coming through for them; Dydasco back.

POTM for Portland. No doubt about this. Hayley Raso. That girl (yeah, I know that's chauvinistic, but I'm old) can run. Fast, long, and often.

10. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [SEA-KC]
    02' 0-0 Groovy crosshair in the center of the picture. Camera's stuck in a mode?

03' 0-0 The "97" in the upper right corner (in pixelated camera font) has dropped to "91"! That's ... contrast?

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    04' 0-0 Averbuch hoofs out of own left back corner to circle back mid-left, Labonta(?) flick-heads upfield, Barnes lets ball bounce to her at circle (her) back right, turns to chase -- Groom arrives, interposes body, pokes ball upfield. Barnes hauls Groom back by the left arm, right shoulder, throws herself down and drags Groom down on top of her at 25m slightly right. Straight red card on Barnes :( last defender and way too much WWE

05' 0-0 Groom stays down with -- right shoulder/elbow pain? Trainers ...

06' 0-0 Groom walks gingerly toward near touch, holding right arm against chest.

12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    16' 0-1 Averbuch passes to 22m arc left to Newfield coming back toward ball, one-touch sole back-flick springs Ratcliffe through arc left, splitting the high line to 10m left post, left instep across mouth rolls under Kopmeyer into right side netting just behind right post. Ratcliffe's 1st NWSL goal :notworthy:

13. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13 Gilmoy, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    23'28" 0-1 The camcorder suddenly shows MENU ... and then exits crosshair mode! :laugh:

31'12" 0-1 The view switches from camcorder #a (close-ups of drum set in fan zone?) to #b (top of near-side bowl) ... and this camera is still in crosshair mode. Currently reading "94" ;)

14. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Was at Boston game. Nice to see Houston actually take one but sounds like Ohai may be injured?

CoachJon and lil_one repped this.
  15. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 Gilmoy, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    58' 1-1 Stott receives at 25m mid-right, goes on a mazy jinking run past three 1-v-1s (Gibbons, Scott, LaBonta) to arc top left, backpass to Pickett. Pickett dribbles to 23m mid-left. passes wide left to Rapinoe at 17m. Rapinoe measures some runs, serves right instep to 8m 6-left, Sauerbrunn back-heads it on-frame toward right post low (whoops). Barnhart dives and palms it out to 5m 3-right, Kawasumi waits for it like a guppy over a hatching mosquito larva, one-touch right outstep just inside right post.

blissett repped this.
  16. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Brittany Taylor has been up in the attack for the entire game.

17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    61' 1-1 Seattle subs in (1 of 3) #33 Katlyn Johnson for #9 Merritt Mathias.
    72' 1-1 Kansas City subs in (1 of 3) #44 Maegan Kelly for #88 Alexa Newfield.
    74' 1-1 Seattle subs in (2 of 3) #7 Elli Reed for #6 Lindsay Elston.
    81' 1-1 Kansas City subs in (2 of 3) #15 Erika Tymrak for #5 Brittany Ratcliffe.
    86' 1-1 Seattle subs in (3 of 3) #17 Beverly Yanez for #2 Christine Nairn.

Attendance 3,919!

90+2' (of +2') 1-1 Sauerbrunn pass to Kelly in box, turn-and-shoot sails way high. On Kopmeyer's gk ...

FT 1-1.

18. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kansas City's terrible set piece defending costs them points again.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, i should be disappointed, but, after playing 10 vs 11 most of the game, 1-1 is a decent result. Play-offs sail away, though... :(

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just watched highlights of the game, and Francisca Ordega keeps being a player I like so much! Look at how she steals the balls, she looks around her to assess her own position and team-mates' and opponents' (GK included), the way she sways and swings with the ball at her feet, using all of her body to put her maker completely out of time, and the way she shoots at the exact right moment to catch GK unprepared!

Also, I like the energetic way she celebrates each of her goal by disco-dancing. :giggle:

CoachJon repped this.
  21. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #21 Gilmoy, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    63' 1-1 Colaprico long pass from circle back toward arc top mid-left, headed upfield. DiBernardo and Killion get tangled up, Killion sprawls, no call. DiBernardo collects, drives to 22m arc right, shoots on the run across mouth into back left high. That's been her range since U-20s :D

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  23. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    67' 2-1 Short dribbles up wide left to arc top, fires a ground pass slightly behind Huerta at 15m arc left. Huerta turns back-to-back on Freeman, one-touch collects ball into own stride, faces up. Pearce and Freeman pinch together to make a 2-person wall, but too late -- Huerta snipes left instep between them, beats Sheridan partially screened, bends perfectly just behind right post low. Like a billiard trick shot, jumping the cue ball through a 1-ball-wide gap --

FT 2-1.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  24. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #24 CoachJon, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Game Report: Courage 1 Breakers 0

This was my first time at Jordan Field. The day was very very hot. There was some breeze, but it was coming from behind the stands, so didn’t help those of us sitting there. The sun was in the eyes of the bench players in the dugouts, so all the players on both teams ended up sitting on top of the backs of their chairs with feet on the seats, in order to get as far out of the sun as possible. Mini Tifos with action photos of Breakers retired jersey numbers for Mienert, Hucles, Osborne and LIlly are displayed at the south end of the field.

Met up with @LucyFearsTheMorningStar and we had a good time watching the game together and talking lots of Woso. It is fun to talk with folks that have the same passion for the game.

There were 3,000 plus there and being all on the same side and at one end of the field, made for good energy from the crowd.

Concessions were all via temporary set-ups at the north end of the stadium and seemed to be able to handle the demand without too much wait time. Had a beer first half and due to the heat and sun exposure had water in the second half.

Usually I like to mention things I saw players do which would not have been on the broadcast; but I don’t have anything like that to report. I wore my red WNY Flash polo and saw another fellow in a red Flash cap. His daughter was wearing a yellow A. D. Franch 2013 Flash goalkeeper jersey - it must have been Hot. Fans sacrifice for their players and teams.

The Breakers were having some kind of raffle, I think. Staff were in the stands and gave a signed player photo card to those that participated. Franch Fan gave hers to the young girl sitting next to her wearing a blue ‘11’ Lavelle tee shirt; whose three friends on the other side were also wearing blue ‘11’ Lavelle tee shirts. The friends were happy and jealous at the same time. After the game, and after the blue foursome had left, a man was trying to trade his Lavelle cards for a Dowie.

I thought the Breakers fans were quite loyal and positive about the team. With the youth injection, and Angie Salem and Julie King, I could really get behind this team. It is only? a six hour drive from my place.

I thought Haavi and King and were absolutely the best players for Boston. I was very happy Riley started Hatch and Hamilton again and that Hatchie scored.

25. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I remember Norwegian (2000 Olympic Golden Goal for Norway) Dagny Mellgren was a key Breakers player back in WUSA days - I think she scored a hat trick in a game, in fact! :D