Weather for Saturday

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by squall55, Oct 10, 2002.

1. squall55

squall55 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Mendon, MA
    Here is the weather report from the National Weather Service for Saturday and Saturday Night.

I hope this changes, I wouldn't expect a large showing. I work for a weather company, (WSI) and I have seen the forecast change on a dime, lets hope it does.

Friday night. Rain. Breezy. Lows in the lower 50s. East winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Saturday. Rain. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 90 percent.

Saturday night. Rain likely until midnight. Then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain after midnight. Lows 48 to 52. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Sunday. Rain likely. Highs 60 to 65. Chance of rain 60 percent.

2. RuiJorge2002

RuiJorge2002 New Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Southeastern MA
    Damn, it seems like every playoff home game we have, the rain comes pouring down. Granted, it may keep some fans away, but the team seems to do well in the wet conditions!

The only game so far without rain (Game 1 v. Cowtown) we tied, so maybe we're lucky to be getting the rain!

3. squall55

squall55 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Mendon, MA
    I agree we seem to play better in the rain. God knows after all the games we've had to play in the rain, we should be experts at it now, that includes the fans.

Rain or Shine, I'll be there. I wanna see the Revs kick the crap out of Columbus.

Go Revs!!!

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I HOPE it rains.

We never lose!

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    We always win when it's raining :)

The Magpie

6. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    The rain may slow the Crew down a bit as well. I know we will be going for the win but with our injury and card status I also think SN will be conc=servative and rain should help.

7. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    There's nothing quite like standing in cold rain watching soccer. It really makes you feel like you're suffering for the result as much as the team is...

8. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    LOL!

9. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, what is a big Revs game without a friggin' downpour?

10. jjx2

jjx2 New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Hyde Park, Ma
    As we've said many times while driving down to Foxboro or wherever to attend a soccer match:

"It's a beautiful day for soccer and sometimes even the weather is nice"

Jon

11. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And watching this team for the past six seasons wasn't enough suffering?!?!?!

12. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    The rain isn't bad luck, it's just Fall/Spring in New England. The Revs do play decently in bad weather (of course it's hard to tell since their overall record is so dismal).

I've noticed that the biggest trend seems to be how poorly they do in hot weather - those games in Dallas and KC in midsummer kill them. [Of course other pro teams based in Foxboro seem to have the same problem!]

13. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    if you're looking for a more optimistic view (regardless if you think its unreliable..probably is)

from boston globe:
    cloudy, a chance of light rain or rain showers throughout the afternoon and evening.

at least it doesn't sound like 100% precip.

14. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    TV guy this AM said we are in for a soaker. If it offsets the Crew speed I won't mind. Of course on a wet field strange things happen. Hope our luck holds.

Actually it's good to have a coach whose played in England. He sure must know a bit about bad weather soccer. I trust that SN will guide the Lads to handle what ever is presented at game time.

15. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    I thought for a moment about not going; about not submitting myself to another drenching.

But then I thought about the courage of our team; guys like Rusty and Cloutier playing through God knows how may injuries and cramps and overcoming all sorts of adversity, and then I decided I have to be there.

Even if it means standing under the overhang and drinking $6 beers to stay warm!!

16. That sucks about the weather. You should at leat get 10k there

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Yeah, we should get a leat two yutes deah as wull.

Da Magpie

18. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The evidence is there:

3 home playoff games played in the rain.

3 Wins.

No more to be said. Bring on the rain.

- Jon

19. tedski

tedski Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Tucson, Baja Arizona
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should I make fun of his typing...or should I ask how many people showed up at the playoff games in New Jersey?

Ted.

20. Ted, why so defensive? I'm just making a general observation.

21. jjx2

jjx2 New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Hyde Park, Ma
    Forget about the typing- just ask him the question- I mean hell he's a Mutt fan and any time you can ask them about there strong run to playoffs this year... I say take that shot!!!!

Jon

22. tedski

tedski Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Tucson, Baja Arizona
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defensive? Here I thought I was being offensive.

Ted.