We Need Gazza

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    There is some talk that the league is about to kill the deal altogether. Gazza was seen out at a bar on Saturday night after the DC game with his agent pounding shots of - I think someone said Whiskey.

Apparently, as he was leaving he ran into some problems with an officer of the law. His agent was called outside and soon Gazza was whisked away in a car.

So - if they trade were to go through you would get Namoff and we would get DC inmate # 2104572.

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That whole article is hilarious. I think the US media would love a guy like this. It's MLS's Dennis Rodman with a British accent. How wonderful! I hope he comes to the US and stays for a number of years.

BTW, what was the infamous "ball squeezing" incident at Wimbledon? I have an idea, but does anybody know for sure?

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Source? That's pretty hilarious stuff actually.

5. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    He was running down the field talking sht to Vinnie Jones. Vinnie was about a half step in front of him and just reached back and grabbed Gazza by the nuts and yanked.

Not a great picture - but look at this members profile:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5924

6. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    It was somewhere on the DC boards - he went to the bar where the post-game party was. I think it was the post game thread

7. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Here ya go

[​IMG]

8. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I'd take Gazza over Perez.

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The word last week was that MLS was getting scared of the guy. Nothing frightens them worse than getting a ruffian image or whatever.

DC and Hudson pressed hard, and Hudson has publicly stated that he had personally vouched for the fact that the guy would be an angel. Laid his own ass on the line.

So MLS, VERY reluctantly, agrees to go along.

So Gazza is in the country 72 hours or something and he's out drinking, apparently. One guy over on the DC board claims he bought him a beer.

So now all of a sudden, Gazza is back in England, pending further "consideration". What it's really pending, IMO, is for the Cardiac Ward to release Garber.

I can't help but wonder if it's over. Pity. Sooner or later, the guy was gonna do or say something. He can't help it.