We need a real rivalry.

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Eguzki, Jul 10, 2008.

1. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miller Lite or Budweiser
    Corona or Dos Equis
    ....:D

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or if they had a game and lost, but nobody saw it..... did they?
    :D

[​IMG]

3. BigAdaMutt

BigAdaMutt New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    lol!

Actually the Inferno moved over to 130 (near the big screen) for both of the USOC games. I figure in total there were maybe 3,000 people there.

4. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I'd like to see a rivalry develop between Austin and both Houston Dynamo and Dallas. We don't like either of you. Might be kind of hard, until something develops where we actually play each other. Hopefully someday there'll be some kind of Texas Cup or something like that.

Since Montreal (USL) and Toronto (MLS) started playing each other, seems like a pretty good rivalry is brewing there (maybe even to the point of arch rivals).

5. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you kinda need a team to field before a rivalry can take off. I like the idea of a Texas Cup between all the teams in the state. Would be interesting.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, man I hate those Aztex....

wait, who are they again? do they have a league? :confused:

7. BigAdaMutt

BigAdaMutt New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Yes. Every time you lose, you have to provide the supporters groups of both FCD and Dynamo SXSW tickets. If you win we'll call it an off day.
    :p

8. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    That sounds fair since there is nothing to do in Dallas or Houston that we would want if we won. Unless you have tickets to the UT vs. Oklahoma game I guess.

9. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    so basically $120 if Dallas wins?

10. BigAdaMutt

BigAdaMutt New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Most likely.

Or you could have just said "A whole months wage for the average Dynamo fan?" :D

11. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you keep coming here? Aren't you afraid you'll have to... "to scrape the stench that is Houston off of you?".......

I think you have a secret desire to be one of us.

and if I put a ":D" on it, that makes it all cool, right?
    :D

12. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That would have to be BEFORE all the oil money bonuses. Either way it's a mute point.

13. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone discussed the stupid cannon rule? I think I remember griping about the tie rule and odd games when I first read about it - who'd have thought that would be how the cannon got to Dallas? I just don't see how someone can WIN something by having 3 draws.

I'm sure NEWTEX could find out how many times has a team made it out of WC group play with 3 draws. ;-)

14. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you imagine - that would be like having 40 professional clubs in Harris County.

Does that means I could probably have a shot at being a pro soccer player if I moved to Scotland? heh.

15. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    I refer you to my previous post about Dallas' disrespect for us because more of us work blue collar jobs.
    Oh, and your outright denial...

by the way, because of the danger involved, alot of the guys out in the refineries pull down much much more than your average Dallas desk jockey. and because of stock options and the ridiculous profits of the oil companies, they are retiring millionaires.

16. BCLK

BCLK Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Orange...

everyone in dallass is a credit card millionaire

they are also in debt up to their elbows.

lets take this back to soccer talk as one sided as it is in favor of Houston.

17. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly, there has never been a higher concentration of 30k millionaires in the history of the planet, but thats not the point.

The point is 2 years, 2 cups vs. 12 years and nothing. As for FuBoy's comment, he makes a great point. Three draws leading to the trophy is kind of weak, especially if you take into considereation that if you take the avarage away goals, we tied there too. If we're looking for a rivalry, we should try to find a team that can compete first.

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After score and average away goals, the cannon should have gone to the team that had the most number of fans turn out for its game, on average. Hmmm, let me check......... :D

19. BigAdaMutt

BigAdaMutt New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Precisely why I made the joke in the first place. I actually thought your comments were rather silly seeing as Houston has the highest per capita 100 million + companies. Sounds really "blue collar" to me.. :rolleyes:

20. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what's worst ....
    FCD, Cowboys, or that spazz of a mod they have..:eek:

21. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you lose a trophy without having been beaten?

Doesn't really seem like the TX way, you know "Come & Take It".

Some improvements that should be made:
    1) Cannon winner takes into consideration all results in all competitions (USOC, SL*, CCL*, MLS, MLS Playoffs)

2) In the event of a tie, cannon remains with whomever earned it in previous year.

And I would say that Dallas is a great opportunity for a rivalry. The in-state aspect. The suburban vs urban aspect. The ability of fans to travel to games. If Dallas was ever good (or had fan support), then hold on tight b/c it would be a great rivalry.

*Assumes Dallas will eventaully qualify for one of these events.

22. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    our home league is a mob run disaster. Nat team is good cos we're godlike people :D but only couple of those guys play in home league and if they do they'll only come from Dinamo or Hajduk.

23. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny how we try to pass that Championship Cup game as 2 games and count them as one won, one lost.

It was a 180 minute game that went to extra time and we lost the game, I don´t like losing, but I hate even more trying to embellish the truth trying to look good.

We lost that Champion´s Cup game, we lost that SL game (losing in PK is still losing), it is our time, I´m not going to say we deserve it, in soccer you don´t deserve anything, but we want it, we need it and it is time to get it.

25. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD
    Pachuca
    Revs
    LA Chivas

in that order

Cuz it was agg. scoring involved amigo mio. This demands each game be counted as seperate and never a 180 minute deal. Recall that one team could win the first match and lose the second and still advance just because of goals scored in the first match.