We have a new tenant

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by mbar, Jan 12, 2017.

1. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, Chargers fans didn't want the Chargers to move to Los Angeles, so frankly I don't see why anyone should take their "wants" into account.

Carson doesn't do sold out StubHub Center games very well (nor in my experience, do the StubHub staff), so hopefully their new "fan base" is quickly put off and the move is a disaster.

3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #154 L.A. Native, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    So now that we should be getting at least 50% more cash from the Dolts, we should expect to spend more on a summer DP, right? ...right?

Lookingforleftbacks, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    All I know is that the 200-level benches are supposed to be switched out for individual seats during this road trip and season ticket holder who have seats at the end of the row (like me) are getting bumped because the new flip-up seats won't accommodate as many people as the old benches. Kind of a pain that I have to move mid-season and to seats that aren't what I wanted. On the other hand, I guess the flip-up seats will be an improvement for those games when all the seats are actually occupied and the "wider" folks are taking up more than their allotted spaces.

The Cadaver repped this.
  6. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where are they moving you, if you don't mind my asking?

7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Another spot in the 200s, but farther down the row toward the goal. I would much rather be at the end of the row for easy entry/exit and to stretch my legs. Plus, my old seats were as close as you can get to the middle while still being in the cheap seats. They offered me spots down below, but I don't like that view and I know I won't be paying for the upgrade to stay there after the season (which is what I'm sure they hope some people will do).

8. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thats not cool. Are they at least giving you comparable seats? I knew this would happen. Fortunately, I'm closer to the #1 seat than the #25(or whatever the last number is).

I'm gonna take the bike out for a spin this weekend so I'll cruise by the Hub and check out the progress.

9. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thats where I am, too. So they moved you further toward the endline to seats that weren't renewed by other STMs? I was told all of 234 was sold out when I tried to add a seat prior to this season.

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does that mean the seating capacity for SHC is actually being reduced? Watch for a price bump to make up for it.

11. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Technically the upper deck will be reduced but, the overall capacity will expand with the seats on the berm and also those temp seats added in the corners.

The Cadaver repped this.
  12. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I'm being moved further toward the endline, but I was on the other end in 230

L.A. Native repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Berm seats to be permanent? Any word as to what the seating capacity will be including the temps?

14. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I'm worried about that even if seating capacity is increased permanently because of other changes, since they may justify higher prices for flip-up than bench seating. That could price me out of season tickets going forward.

L.A. Native repped this.
  15. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I only assume the berm seats will be permanent with footings installed for the bleachers but, I keep hearing the 30,000 capacity number.

16. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what does this mean if I buy some tickets in the 200-level for the Dynamo match. Will the seats be assigned differently, i'm confused here.

17. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I'm sure they just won't sell seats 24 and 25 in certain rows because they don't exist anymore. If you bought them awhile ago, though, then there might be an issue.

18. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Why would you assume that? The Galaxy are just another AEG tenant (per Wikipedia) and this makes sense. Remember those claims about the Galaxy losing money, it's not hard to believe if AEG charges the Galaxy rent and possibly siphons off various types of revenue like naming rights, store revenues in excess of retail royalties, parking, luxury box revenues in excess of ticket prices, etc). Rent from another tenant or event is pretty much the same thing.

MPNumber9 and The Cadaver repped this.
  19. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I know the KROQ Weenie Roast was just on Saturday but, as of right now, the upper deck benches are still in place.

20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #170 skydog, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    I'm not a finance/business person at all so I don't understand how this works. AEG owns the Galaxy so isn't AEG siphoning money from the Galaxy sort of equivalent to just moving money from one AEG pot to another AEG pot? Or does AEG save $ by, for example, rent gouging their own club so there is no profit to share with other MLS owners? Do profitable MLS teams even have to share profit with other MLS teams? I guess I could research this but I'm too lazy

PS - I know I shouldn't be writing this here - but as I was posting this I just read about the bombing of the Ariana Grande concert - what's wrong with this world? I don't want a political argument - I'm just venting. Big picture, not little picture. For gods sake (as they say) - get it together world! Humans are so damn gullible. Whether its political or religious beliefs we will "tribe up" and believe anything. :(

Geneva, Bubba1971 and galaxydeadhead repped this.
  21. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I assume a lot of it has to do with taxes and contracts. For example, moving revenues from a possible profitable enterprise to one that isn't or enabling the most efficient use of depreciation. I used to work for a financial services company and it had dozens of subsidiary companies, most for tax reasons, but also to avoid regulatory requirements. Also the league has a vested interest in minimizing their profits when it comes to Union contracts.

22. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
  23. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad they are replacing the grass after having both Wango Tango and the Weeine Roast there.

shurikt and The Cadaver repped this.
  24. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

That looks better than what they played on in Minnesota...

galvanator, shelbo, GalaxyKoa and 6 others repped this.
  25. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Guys, we've been duped. I went for a ride today and decided to stop by the Hub to check on the construction progress. With less than a week left until an MLS match, work is continuing.

While the bench seats are going up on the berm:
    [​IMG]

the seats that replace benches in the upper deck have already been installed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I talked to a construction worker and that is the extent of the work scheduled for the upper deck... 1/2 of 1 section...:mad:

hav77 repped this.