We have a new tenant

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by mbar, Jan 12, 2017.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    $25 for imax

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Any news on stadium improvements due to the capacity increase? For one, there won't be enough parking...

3. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMG_5577.JPG

So it judging from this they will be adding seating to the grass berm?

WarGalaxy, GalaxyKoa and L.A. Native repped this.
  4. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Surely it wouldn't make sense to take it down and back up for between games so it will be interesting to see if they sell those seats for Galaxy games.

5. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    napper and mbar repped this.
  6. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's going to be some intimate NFL.

Edited to add: Smaller than every other NFL stadium by about 25,000 seats. I'd be marketing the hell out of that.

7. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    #132 73Bruin, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    I can't imagine the seats within the berm area not being at least semi-permanent with trenched out concrete foundation pads in order to be safe. There are seats that might be temporary (e.g below and adjacent to the stadium club and on the side of the berm). Unless it violates some operating agreement with CSUDH, I can't imagine the Galaxy not selling them for weekend games assuming there is sufficient demand in the first place.

8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Interesting article that mentions the Chargers taking up residence, all of MLS team’s home venues reviewed https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/24/ranking-mls-stadiums-soccer-orlando-city

StubHub ranks 7th. Seems reasonable, I might have put a few ranked above below, and a few below above LA (artificial turf), but ended up round about the same place.

9. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Stub Hub was placed about right. The only other stadiums I've been to are Portland and Seattle, and I far preferred the Portland experience. Seattle was a great atmosphere, and was even a packed house vs Galaxy when I went, but the turf field and size are drawbacks for me. The much greater intimacy in Portland (and Stub Hub) makes a big difference.

I know Portland has turf too, but it looked more natural and looked like it played more natural. The Seattle turf looks pretty nasty to me. Can't beat natural grass though.

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shelbo repped this.
  11. gveli001

gveli001 Member

LA Galaxy
    Jul 9, 2009
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. That's where my season seats are. Can't say bleacher/seat has ever impacted what I'm willing to pay for a seat. They may find that the level of demand for those seats won't change much and charging more would just reduce season ticket numbers.

13. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Big question about the new seats is, what color will they be? Green to match the rest, or blue to fit with the new color scheme?

14. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Where exactly did it say we're getting seats in the upper deck? I thought I read that just the lower bowl will get seats all around besides the supporter sections. edit: nevermind

I really hope it happens, though. Maybe they get all new blue seats for the lower bowl and use the green ones for the upper deck and the seats on the berm?

15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Not sure honestly ,was responding to the post above suggesting as much.

16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe i misunderstood. sorry if so.

17. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No, not at all. I misunderstood.

"The seats he is eyeing are five rows from the top of the stadium, along the 20-yard line... they are currently bleachers, but AEG and the Chargers are replacing them with actual seats"

...but, that now begs the question of when these seats will be installed. The NFL season starts in early September...

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/0...chargers-continue-stubhub-center-enhancements
    Stadium upgrades

19. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I also have season tickets there, mostly because they are the least expensive, but also because they have a better view of the whole field than seats lower down and they are covered (which matters for these 1 pm games!). The big advantage of tip-up seating rather than bleachers comes when the row is full and some people who are a bit larger than the allotted space simply "spread out" when they sit and squeeze everyone else out of their allotted space. If you haven't had larger people in your row or a full row, then you wouldn't notice this, but you could at some point and then you will be REALLY glad for the upgrades. Plus, some people with back issues have trouble with the bleacher seating, although they often bring those seat backs to give themselves more support.

Geneva, 73Bruin, L.A. Native and 2 others repped this.
  20. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    With a long term view, the temporary stop for the Chargers, is going to be a good thing. With the above upgrades, and the spotlight/focus on the LA Galaxy's stadium 8 times a year for NFL games is a big win.

Obviously that's ignoring the potential on field impact of a ruined field and unsightly line markers.

21. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    New video board is cool.
    New seats cool
    LED advertising ribbon :rolleyes:
    Upgraded suites :rolleyes:
    Upgrade to Club Seats (so the always half-empty section at even sold out games will have nicer seats? :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

And this, how sadly accurate is it. One guy kinda-sorta watching the game from inside, one girl watching what’s going on in the suite next door, one girl getting a drink, one dude on his phone, back to the game and finally one girl who’s clearly had enough of these posers and is off to GA to enjoy the game.
    [​IMG]

mbar, Baysider, gveli001 and 2 others repped this.
  22. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #147 L.A. Native, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Sec 234 checking in!

The article said "in advance of the 2017 MLS season". Honestly I didn't even think to look up there to check the upper seats during the preseason but, I don't think any of these changes have been made yet so... when do they plan on doing these things if the Chargers start in early September?

TrickHog repped this.
  23. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  24. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  25. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I wonder when the Galaxy Express service from the Torrance Transit center will start. I wonder if this will enable the seating restrictions for weekday he's to be lifted.

Esc-soccer repped this.