We Have a Legacy, and it’s a Good One

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by LongTimeQuakesFan'74, May 20, 2019.

1. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve been a fan/supporter of the Earthquakes, since I sat in the south end of Spartan Stadium, on May 11,1974. The Clash scored the first goal and win in MLS. The team has won 2 MLS Cup trophies, 2 Supporters Shields, the team has the all-time league leading scorer, in Wondo. Quakes v1.0 had a league top scorer (Ilija Mitic)
    Here’s the rub...why don’t more people support/follow this team. I know I follow the team from afar, but I still follow them. If only for one year, I’m an Ultra, but I am one.
    No apologies for the diatribe, but it’s important for everyone else to know where I stand, regarding the San Jose Earthquakes. Never Say Die. Goonies and Bash Bros.forever.
    I’m lucky to have met some of you in person, and I share your passion for our Earthquakes.
    Wondo is the GOAT, we fans of the Quakes are lucky to have seen the history being made.
    Rant over. All hail the new goal scoring King.

2. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, I left out a lot of the negative points, on purpose. i.e. Milan Mandaric and the Oakland Stompers, the Quakes moving to Houston and claiming 2 stars that should be ours, A rebirth with few highs. (Except as noted before).
    AEG=sucks. Fisher as an absent owner. Just to point at a few.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It all goes back to the early days of the league owned teams, the Krafts & AEG. MLS didn’t care about San Jose as much as they wanted to make both NY & LA their flagship teams. This has been evident with the planting of 5 franchises in both towns. The league let those teams do whatever they wanted and that’s what happened. In early 2005, we were in pretty bad shape. They gave LAndy to the Gals free of charge and AEG imploded the team in order to justify their planned relocation of the club. The move almost backfired as that team went on to win the Supporters Shield and two straight MLS Cup trophies in Houston. What they did to San Jose will have been subjected to scandalous , criminal activity anywhere else in the world but here, they were revered.

Sadly , when the team came back , many fans were turned off. With the exception of the 2010, the miracle 2012 season and backing into the postseason in 2017, we have pretty much been in expansion mode since 2008. We have an owner who has yet said a word since he bought the club. Speaking of Milan Mandaric, we have heard more from him (regarding this team) than we have from Fisher. Our team last year was a disaster and sooner or later whether you have a legacy or not, all of these things will take their toll.

Hopefully, we can bounce back and get back to at least being respectable. After our disastrous start this season, Almeyda already has equaled Stahre's total.

There is nowhere else to go but up!

Go Wondo!

Go Salinas!

Go Almeyda!

Most of all, Go Quakes! :thumbsup:

Sactown Soccer repped this.
  4. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have always gone about my business as if the San Jose Earthquakes were the greatest Club in the world. And if we all do the same, eventually everyone will come around.

dpg w Sam Liccardo.jpg
    Hanging with the Hizzoner and the Ultras.

DotMPP, NedZ, SeaJayBee and 3 others repped this.