we are the champions.... my friends

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jul 1, 2015.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WINNER OF THIS SEMI FINAL WINS THE WOMENS WORLD UP RIGHT?

Blaze20, kool-aide and IKickAndIm50 repped this.
  2. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    No. No, no, no.

Hopefully, the players realize this tournament is far from over. And if Japan doesn't crap the bed against England, they might prove to be a more difficult matchup for us than Germany was.

EbaJones repped this.
  3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Japan England should be a great matchup.

They have played three times in the past and Japan is winless.

4. ralmcg

ralmcg Member

To the USA fans don't celebrate the trophy win, at least not yet. Either Japan or England will be at their A-game at the finals and it's no time for the USA team to be complacent. Hopefully they won't be. But I do want the fans to not think that the finals will be a piece of cake. And they should since some of the fans believed that the 2011 WWC final against Japan would be a piece of cake for the USA.

EbaJones and Calci0 repped this.
  5. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC

THIS!!!! I guess everyone has forgotten 2011?!? Winning is a guaranteed!!! US won, and is moving on the only guarantee is we are in the Final. After that, you have to play the game..............

6. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    You are right. I knew Germany would be tired and if our defense kept playing lights out we would have a great chance to win but Japan is a matchup problem for us. They get quality shots off no matter how you play them. England is a bit of a mystery to me. They looked very dangerous going forward against Canada but clearly outclassed by France. They have quality players and must be flying high right now with not much to lose.

EbaJones repped this.
  8. ralmcg

ralmcg Member

Having said what I said about not celebrating the World Cup trophy just yet, if the USA defense is as good as in the previous games and can get one good goal then the USA has a high probability of winning the 2015 WWC. I say high probability because sometimes a team can play its best game and still not win. An obvious observation but one that needs to be told.

9. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The USA has already won ITS IN THE BANK

10. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    NOW A SECOND THREAD? over-confidence is pretty silly on a WC stage.

11. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good thing we aren't the players or coaching staff right! That would totally suck if they were this goofy. But we are just mere mortals and allowed to celebrate wildly when we know in our gut that it's all over

12. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    I don't believe in jinxes. But if I did... you'd all be in some serious trouble.

uncchamps2012 and Katreus repped this.
  13. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are in serious trouble already. Witness the liberal amounts of yellow cards being handed out to the newcomers to this section of the forums. The vomiting of arrogance all over the women's soccer forums is pretty annoying though

14. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whatever arrogance newcomers have is a refreshing counter to the pessimistic toxicity the "regs" have been bringing

thegreathoo repped this.
  15. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. In math, two negatives may make a positive, but not in in line forums. Both are an issue.

uncchamps2012 repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've long said blow it all up.

17. SaintNdaCity

SaintNdaCity Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods, lock this fred please.

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe. But us "regs" have invested years of our time supporting the USWNT. I personally have spent thousands of dollars in travel, and other things flying all over the country to see this team over the past 20 years, through different coaches and players over time.

Yeah, so those of us "regs" feel we have the right to be pessimistic some times and havfe a right to disagree and not like. Nevertheless we are still hard core fans of the US Women's National Team.

Oh, yeah, even though my money can be better spent on other things in life, I am flying to the Pacific Northwest tomorrow to see the Championship game in Vancouver on Sunday.

McSkillz and Dundalk24 repped this.
  19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The women's forums are often more friendlier so that lock of forums rarely occurs. But hey, if they want...

20. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, so what did I say?

thegreathoo repped this.
  21. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just realized, who are the Official World Champions for the next (roughly) 1,430 days..........that would be us; the U.S.
    BTW, I'm buying the adult beverages in France 2019 for any documented posters on this thread.

McSkillz repped this.
  22. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks in advance.

23. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey MRAD12, was that you over in the Outlaws area with the Red Stars flag hanging over the railing? I was straight across the stadium.

24. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    Why thank you. I do have an affinity for expensive French wines. :sneaky: :whistling:

25. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who was the person wearing the eagle head? a female?