We are actually going to Win the World Cup- The Other Teams' Thread - [R}

Discussion in 'England' started by fernb8, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thought the Costa Rica and Mexico goalies had better overall tournies as well

Algeria and Chile deserve some credit as well

2. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes but you need a good back line to help you out. When Neuer doesn't have to chase down balls he has a real solid defense to get in front of shots. You don't see Spain, Brazil, or France do much of that.

3. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember after Euro 2012 everybody kinda shared the same overall list of the top 5 keepers in the world:

Buffon
    Casillas
    Hart
    Lloris
    Neuer

Now after this World Cup the list (my list) appears:

1. Neuer
    2. Courtois
    3. Ochoa
    4. Howard
    5. Bravo

Honorable mention: Navas, Mboli, Romero, and Krul (Not Cillessen)

As for Joe Hart, he allowed in 4 goals, but 1 of them (2nd Suarez goal) he could have done better. The other 3 were pretty unsaveable. I still rate him as a goalkeeper, but he has a consistency problem.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Cillesen is a good keeper. I noticed he had really good passing and technical judgement under pressure.
    Plus good positioning. Penalty saving was his only weakness .

5. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a tense and exciting game with a deserved world champion. Looking forward to see something similar from England in the near future.

6. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The young players coming through can bring the fire. Just hope they can for once use it well.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Lovely goal to win the tournament. Congrats to Germany. Played some very good football at key times.

england66 repped this.
  8. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A lot of keepers impressed during the tournament. Though there's a reason Krul started on the bench and was only brought on that time for penalties. Made some awful mistakes for Newcastle this season. The Nigeria keeper impressed against France too.

9. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That penalty shootout will defiantly alert teams of Krul's ability to save them. It might just grow his confidence up to make him a better keeper somehow.

For me he looked a kind of shaky. I'd like to see him try and make 16 saves. Besides that I like him as a keeper.

10. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hi guy, i'm here to promote a documentary i am doing currently about my experience of the world cup 2014 i had in new york city. i went to places all over to watch the games. i had a fantastic time. i documented my experience and i am here to leave you with a trailer of the documentary and will be premiering later in august. hope you guys enjoy it when it's uploaded.

for england, i went to one game. an english bar in new york for their first game against italy.

W.A.S.P. and BarryfromEastenders repped this.