WCQ :: USMNT v. Jamaica (9.7.2012)

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by mgrayscale, Sep 5, 2012.

1. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With BeIN Sport 1 owning the away broadcast rights for USMNT WCQ matches, and the sometimes difficult attempts folks have had in getting this channel, I wanted to make sure that everyone on the boards knew that the Austin AO Chapter will be watching the game this Friday (September 7) at Cuatro's (24th & San Gabriel). I would suggest getting there early, as seats do fill up quickly. I've heard from several members of Eberly's Army who are planning on going, so find yourself sitting at home watching tweet updates of the game when you can watch it LIVE!

2. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering when somebody would post where to go.
    I hope Bein does a higher-quality transmission than the $30 PPV Guate match was done in.

3. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match will also be on at Takoba in east Austin. I'm actually going to watch it there, as a little change of pace. Plus, they have Victoria on draft (mmmmm...). Wherever you watch it, remember to "represent"!!

4. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that was a really disappointing showing by the USMNT last night. Although happy to see Deuce get a goal, in the first minute, it reminded me of the FA Cup years ago when Everton score in the first two minutes only to get trounced by Chelsea. For me, the problem was possession (which there was none of), fitness (too many guys walking or jogging while Jamaica was running) and desire. A post Azteca victory let down maybe? We'll see Tuesday night.

Unfortunately, I'm out of town for work so will be watching from California, but AO will very likely be at Cuatro's. Enjoy, and let's hope for a better result.