Pre-match: WCQ: USA vs. Panama (10/6/17)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Ironbound, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    i mean, he's kind of right.

Since Bruce went with his, "all soccer, no balls" approach (442), the US lost a lot of steam.

MB can only play that spot in a 5 man midfield like in Toronto. CP can then play centrally.

Jozy has his moments. But he's preternaturally good about guess the wrong post to run to. He can also miss a sitter with the best of them. I would have sacrificed him for Cameron in midfield.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Only 3 Europe-based players.

If the trend continues, we win this one.

3. trafficjam304

trafficjam304 Member

May 28, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Cam. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to bench one of our best players because of one bad game against CR. Something must be up. Maybe not injury, he played 90 in Stoke's win last weekend. I dunno, it's smells funny though.

4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I suppose the good thing is this line-up is almost universally despised. That often is a good sign. seems it is a Message board/forum maxim that the collective wisdom of fans =FA.

I think the front line has goals in it if they can get the ball. Yedlin adds a dimension. There ought to be enough, even with the midfield I do not like at all, and not happy about Geoff not being in it.

5. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you get paid to shill for MLS?

Just wondering, because 100 percent of your posts are about how Euro-based players are bad.

yurch10 repped this.
  6. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, how fun would it be if we'd clinched after round 7. This drama and hand-wringing is way more exciting.

Oh, and in case you forgot, only one team in the Hex has managed to lose to Trinidad & Tobago...yup, Panama