[WCQ] Saudi Arabia x Kuwait [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Saudi64, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The Kuwaiti defender was pushing Sami AlJaber, so there was some pushing from both sides so theres no foul but it should be continued and it was continued. Caledron was smart and made our players attack them from the very first minute from all sides, so their defense just collapsed after the first goal, we lost some 100% goals there, Sami was able to play through 2 defenders, and the goalie, but somehow couldnt shoot the ball inside, and it went to the side of the goal. Then camed Yasser AlQahtani's low shot that rebounded off the goalie to Mohammed Ameen who raised it a bit above the goalie but the goalie was able to turn it into a corner. Then after Sami played through a couple of Kuwaiti defenders and shot the ball to hit the post. All this happened after the goal in 4 minutes or so. :p Sami done terrific job, even though he is around 33 years old.

2. FootballFury

FootballFury New Member

May 24, 2005
    hardluck kuwait, mabrook saudi.

Bringing back Al Jaber has really done so much for KSA. I know they have other good player but you cant deny that KSA are not the same without him.

3. FootballFury

FootballFury New Member

May 24, 2005
    Btw Jaber wasnt present in the Gulf Cup was he? I don relly remmber?

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Maybe AlJazeerah Sport, Dubai sport... but I dont think they will. Check cool streaming, I think theres some topics about it lately.

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He came back in Uzbekistan's game. He's an important playmaker for KSA.

6. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    He has done a lot to saudi NT, but this cant go on for ever .We have new talented forwards, but I dont see them helping the way sami does.

7. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    but I don't think he can pull the same stunt (that easily) on any team other than Kuwait!

8. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Sami had a good game, but I wouldn't go as far as putting Saudi's rejuvination down to him. Most of the credit has to go to Calderon, who's finally got us playing like a team, and also taught the players to press hard on the opposition.

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He is giving lots of experience to new strikers, like Yasser, Saed AlHarthi, and Mohammed Ameen. And we should be also seeing Talal AlMeshal in the next round. We suddenly have a very good selection of strikers. We just need an extra playmaker like Mohammed Nour or Nawaf AlTemyat and we will be a very solid team.

10. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Oh he can easily do it, he did it against Uzbekistan, South Korea and now in Kuwait. He's done some stuff which are unbelievable to clubs in the Saudi league like the one against Ittihad, playing through 4 defenders and then passing it to an unmarked guy to score a goal. But teams like Iran, that will be harder, but he can do it.

11. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    ok let me put the word in bold maybe you can notice it :D

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I noticed it before you placed the bold. ;)

13. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Regarding the second sending off... here's what caused it: click to watch clip

capped by alGasr @ Ittihadfans

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    what a moron (no offense to Kuwaiti users though)...

15. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    ok guys after watching the game for the second time, here are my player ratings:

8/10 Sami alJaber: played well, tying midfield with attack, but sometimes too keen on playing the hero.
    6/10 Yasser alQahtani: some flashes of his undoubted quality, but drifted in and out of the game

7/10 Mohammed Amin: good tenacious play in the first half, but faded.
    7/10 Khaled Aziz: strong solid performance
    9/10 Saud Kariri: a monster! totally bossed midfield. My MOM
    8/10 Mohammed aShalhoub: Scored 2, and heavily invovled in attack, but tended to drift infield.

7/10 Ahmad alBahri: solid competent play. Will get even better with experience.
    8/10 Hamad alMontasheri: a beast in defence, and carries the ball well too.
    7/10 Redha Takar: strong no nonsense defending
    7/10 Abdelaziz alKhathran: Great going forward, defensively good but needs to calm his nerves.

8/10 Mabrouk Zayed: didn't have to do much, but confident command of his area.

16. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    HiJazzey or anyone, forgive me my ignorance, but who are those two Kuwaiti players that got sent off?

Are they regulars in the team and what position do they play for?

17. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ali Namshi (Sp?) and Waleed Jumah, I dont know where they play or whats their position, sorry.

18. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Yeah the players were Ali a-Namash (defensive midfield) for the tackle from behind and Waleed Jumah (left back) for unsporting conduct.

19. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Thanks guys for the info!