[WCQ] NK - Japan in 3rd country without audience (merged)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by jinroh, Apr 29, 2005.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: (WCQ) NK - Japan match to be played in 3rd country without audience.

I should be clear - I'm not saying it's going to be worse for Japan, but it's also not going to be a home game either. Yes, it takes away NK's home field advantage, but it gives Japan a whole new set of challenges.

I agree with you that a closed-door match in NK would have been enough, but honest question - do you think NK could have guaranteed safe travel for the Japanese team?

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

You pitched me a question that I'm not supposed to hit. But, I don't think there would've been any unfortunate incidents to the JNT.

3. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

on a side note:

Bahrainis are trying their best to avoid a game in Iran... basically they have used an argument of "Iran - Japan game was so hostile leading to death of some fans" to prove "if Iranians can be hostile to their own countrymen we don't think it's safe to play there"...

Iranians view on the issue is that Bahrain is trying to avoid the tit for tat game... as Iranians were treated very poorly by fans and officials in Iran's away game in Bahrain and they know they will get nothing less than they deserve...

So far we had Japan and Bahrain trying to get us punished for that incident… NK accusing Iran of bribing the ref… so much for Fifa’s fairplay… all these are very obvious tricks to demoralize Iranian players… what happened to the days that we used to play the beautiful game on the pitch…. *sighs*

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

Well, the reason I ask is because NK seems to deny that anything out of the ordinary happened and justifies throwing seats as a justified reaction to the refereeing.

If the federation had said "That shouldn't have happened and here are the steps we're going to take in the next match...", I think FIFA would have reacted differently. It looked like the federation wasn't going to change anything, and you know the fans would be even more pissed off with a loss against Japan.

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

haha, btw, the Emirates Airline (sp?) just signed a 4 year sponsorship deal with AFC in Seoul :)

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

nice!! more Arab influence... right when I was thinking it couldn't get any worse!

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

Well I guess that's fair enough. AFC should've intervened immediately but now it's beyond our hands.

8. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Thai?

A name Thailand is coming up at this stage... (why not in the middle east!!?)

By the way, I don't remember the name of the stadium in Iran where we had a game... but is that place already fixed and recovered?

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Thai?

there was no problem with the stadium, the problem was letting in more than capacity and parking a helicopter in front of one of the exit gates...

I'm also thinking why not Middle east, 2 games at the same time would be awesome!

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thailand to Host June 8 N. Korea-Japan Match

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/football/05/07/worldcup.korea/

11. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Re: Thailand to Host June 8 N. Korea-Japan Match

wtf..i just heard this on the korean news....thats not a punishment...these north korean brothers will have the best messages they could have ever dreamt of...and it's cheap they just need to make sure that they are dressed like "japansese business men"....having heard from my friend who went there for a business trip...

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

other than the possible Japanese travelers, do u think the beautiful people of Thailand is really going to care for this match? I wonder how much attendance they can draw out of this one.

13. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

no more than couple of prositutues soliciting japansese or korean footsies for some suki suki me luv u long time for five dollas!

14. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Read the article, folks.

The match will be behind closed doors ... meaning no fans in the stands.

15. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

is it only me or this thread is out side rivalries some ppl should notice :rolleyes: ...

I wonder who is paying for team's travel expenses? anyone?

16. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

no fans are allowed period...shiat...what about the media and what kind of crap punishment is this...they shouldn't be punishing the fans of thailand ....

17. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

fans of Thailand would have better things to do than watching this boring game which is non-beneficial for their country and their soccer!... there is media coverage obviously!! man haven't you seen such punishments before?... you sound like it is the first time a team gets punished like that!

18. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

yeah i have seen at a club level but not in a international level...I just think that its irrational from fifa to punish perhaps thai soccer fans, which have absoluytely nothing to do with the north korean, to get punished ....what if thai's wanted to see this game and its in their country....shouldn't they have the right to watch the game in their own country.....

19. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California

Well, since there will be no fan attendence, it could be anywhere. The fact that it is in Thailand is irrelevant. It could be in the Gobi Desert.

20. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

This sucks. As a player, imagen playing in a stadium of dead silence. This is horrible. Oh well, fair's fair. It's gonna be like practice.

21. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

I say switch venues to Antarctica.

22. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

YAY... I'm up for it! :D

23. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA

I object to this vehementally.

First of all, Antarctica has no natural or artificial grass facility. Playing on ice will have to be approved by FIFA and it will take additional 2 years for FIFA to make any kind of decision.

Secondly, there is no security. Those polar bears will eat the players for lunch after the match. Players' safety just cannot be guaranteed.

Finally, NK will not agree to this because they do not have a diplomatic relation with Republic of Antarctica (ROA).

(No offense intended to good people of Antarica, penguins, Orcas, Sealions, and other occupants ...)

24. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ

polar bears in antartica? how are we supposed to take this location suggestion seriously when it contains such outlandish claims?
    and all those poor thai fans, theyve been probably looking fwd to this match for months, saving up their money and making counterfeit jerseys. and now fifa wont let them in??
    thats the true tragedy in all this.

25. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

Some smarter polar bears have been migrating south, in fear of the ice cap melting due to the green house effect... Expect a tremendous jump of the values of various properties in Antarctica in near future (those nice fishing spots and penguin habitats et c ) :D