[WCQ] Kuwait vs Saudi Arabia [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ilbaasha, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    ........Kuwait vs Saudi Arabia

Day: Wednesday, 30th of March 2005
    Time: 17:45 GMT
    Venue: Peace & Friendship Stadium (Kuwait City)
    Occasion: World Cup Qualifiers
    Previous meetings: Saudi Arabia 8 wins, Kuwait 6 wins, drawn 7
    Referee: Mr. Masoud Moradi from Iran

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I say it's a draw!... both teams' moral is boosted so we're in for an aggressive game... both sides playing for nothing less than 3pt...

3. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

Kuwait: Played 8 Won 6 drew 0 lost 2 GF 17 GA 5

Saudi Arabia: Played 8 won 7 drew 1 lost 0 GF 17 GA 2

Current FIFA rank for Kuwait is 54

Current FIFA rank for Saudi Arabia is 30

match results of the current WCQs:

Kuwait
    25-Mar-05 KUW:UZB 2:1 (1:0)
    09-Feb-05 KOR:KUW 2:0 (1:0)
    17-Nov-04 KUW:MAS 6:1 (1:1)
    13-Oct-04 KUW:CHN 1:0 (0:0)
    08-Sep-04 HKG:KUW 0:2 (0:1)
    09-Jun-04 KUW:HKG 4:0 (3:0)
    31-Mar-04 MAS:KUW 0:2 (0:0)
    18-Feb-04 CHN:KUW 1:0 (0:0)

Saudi Arabia
    25-Mar-05 KSA:KOR 2:0 (1:0)
    09-Feb-05 UZB:KSA 1:1 (0:0)
    17-Nov-04 KSA:SRI 3:0 (2:0)
    12-Oct-04 IDN:KSA 1:3 (0:2)
    08-Sep-04 TKM:KSA 0:1 (0:0)
    09-Jun-04 KSA:TKM 3:0 (3:0)
    31-Mar-04 SRI:KSA 0:1 (0:0)
    18-Feb-04 KSA:IDN 3:0 (3:0)

Good luck to both teams :)

4. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I agree with you, it is a tough call... our home advantage is normally neutralised by Saudi attendants... especially that the match is on a Wednesday (start of the weekend in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia)... also, being rivals, the encounter is more of a psychologic warfare rather than a football match... Wednesday match will be a day that the Saudis will be playing to revenge for their loss in the Gulf Cup last December... Kuwait, on the other hand, will be still hung-over!!! I really hope that Kuwait win this convincingly!!! but I think Bob will have something else in mind.

anyways, I still believe that Kuwait is not a WC material, so losing this match, although at home, will not make me unhappy :cool: having said so, we will win this match :D confused?

5. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kuwait vs KSA is always a hard match to predict.

I seriosly have no idea how the match will end.

ALLAH Ifawiz Azraqna

Ameen.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ive said this before, and ill say it again. Saudi Arabia never plays well when it comes to tense rivalry games mostly Kuwait. How many times have Saudi Arabia been AWHOLE lot better than Kuwait, but we still dont win. Like in Gulf 16, we were better, we were able to score and do everything, but they still won. Same thing in most other games. But in SK game, we somehow canceled the tense and nervousness and were able to win. This makes me think, with our good morales, and the plan Caledron plays, will be very effective. Our strategy is more a defensive plan, but on counter attacks in the 2nd half we very dangerous, thanks to Yasser and Sami, if we play somehwat like that, we could get a 1-1, and if luck we can win by a goal. If we play worse, a 1-1 will be a lucky result. Good luck to Saudi Arabia. :D Uhh.. and Kuwait.

7. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Hm...0-0 or 1-1.That's all...

8. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    NEWS update!!!

we will be missing Bader Al-Mutawa'a for this match (2 yellow cards), so Khalid Abdul-Kuddous has been called in, but I think he'll be sitting on the bench... as Faraj Laheeb will be our ace upfront for this match. unless, "Brave" Bob thinks differently :rolleyes:

9. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    How close can it be!?!?!

this goal I Saudi Arabia's first against Kuwait in the final WCQs98... Saudis won 2-1 in Riyadh and lost 2-1 in Kuwait :)

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Brother against brother, family against family.
    I'm sure it will be an exciting match. I can't wait!

11. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    home and away match results like 0:0 or 1:1 between KSA and Kuwait is better for uzbeks.. both team will lose 4 pounds.. while we ll lose in Seol to Korea and win them in Tashkent

12. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Its going to be ugly. CRUNCH!

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What makes it even more interesting is that Mr. Masoud Moradi from Iran is going to be the judge in this family dispute :D

14. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    [​IMG]

Ready... Steady... GO!
    :D

15. yzf_bloodhound

Aug 2, 2004
    Does this mean the ref's getting rich? lol

head to head results are valuable statistics in this case..

16. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    News update!

Saudis wary of Kuwait threat

KUWAIT CITY – Morale in the Saudi Arabia camp may be on a high after last week’s morale-boosting win over Korea Republic but the three-time Asian Cup champions have to regain their focus for Wednesday’s visit to Kuwait in the 2006 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers.

Friday’s 2-0 win over the 2002 World Cup semi-finalists in Dammam sent the Saudis to the top of Group A and put them firmly on course for their fourth consecutive appearance in the final rounds of the World Cup.

However, coach Gabriel Calderon is unlikely to allow that result to go to the heads of his players, especially against a Kuwaiti side that is also in the hunt for a spot in Germany after their 2-1 victory over Uzbekistan in Kuwait City last Friday.

The Saudis go into the match with four points from two games, one ahead of the Koreans and the Kuwaitis on three points apiece. But while the prospect of picking up three points and putting some daylight between themselves and their group rivals may be high on the Saudi agenda, there will also be an element of revenge following their 2-1 defeat to Kuwait in the Gulf Cup last December.

On that occasion, young striker Yasser Al Qahtani put the Saudis ahead in the first half but goals by Mesaed Nada and Bader Al Mutwa in the final 15 minutes earned Kuwait a memorable win. Kuwait went on to reach the semi-finals while Saudi Arabia, the two-time defending champions, bowed out in the group stage.

Kuwait’s hopes of repeating that famous win have been hampered though by the loss of Al Mutwa and midfielder Ahmad Al Shammari for Wednesday’s game. Twenty-year-old Al Mutwa is suspended after receiving his second yellow card of the World Cup qualifiers against Uzbekistan while Al Shammari has been sidelined by a deep gash on his knee that he picked up in the same match.

The good news for Kuwait’s Serbian coach Slobodan Pavkovic is that he will have the services of Mesaed Nada, who returns from suspension, as well as Ali Abdulreda and Khaled Khalaf who missed the Uzbekistan game through injury.

The Saudis arrived in Kuwait on Tuesday without Saud Khariri, scorer of the opening goal against Korea, who will miss the game after also picking up his second yellow card of the qualifiers last Friday.

Saudi coach Calderon is expected to deploy the same 4-4-2 formation that proved so successful against the Koreans.

The game at the Peace and Friendship stadium in Keifan will kick off at 18:45 hrs local time.

source: footballasia.com

ON the hunt for Bluetooth criminal!

[​IMG]
    Head of the Kuwaiti FA has urged the police to hunt for the Bluetooth criminal who had been spreading a malicious message swearing at the Kuwaiti NT players.

p.s. it is against Kuwaiti laws to publicly spread hatred and/or malicious messages.

"The Sniper" wants to buy a house in Kuwait!

[​IMG]

Yaser Al-Qahtani said to the Kuwaiti media upon his arrival that "the points of the match are not a subject of sharing between the two teams, one team will collect all points available!"

and he added, "I will buy a house in Kuwait when I retire, and I will have coffee at (Marina Mall) every morning!!!" :confused:

football... please!

It is obvious that Saudi players and officials are trying to avoid the media before the match... good luck

Al-Sabeeh to Germany!

Kuwait NT player Ahmad Al-Sabeeh is going to leave as soon as the match finishes to go to Germany to have an operation on his injured knee. He still attends the training sessions with his colleagues, but doesn't train.

Al-Sabeeh left the pitch on a stretcher last Friday after 30 mins from kick-off, he is expected to be away from football for no less than 5 months.

Neda and Al-Taher are back

Mosa'ad Neda (left back) is back with the team after missing the Uzbekistan match for having picked two yellow cards, Yakoub Al-Taher (right back) is also back after a major injury (doubtful to play).

17. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    psychological warfare at its best

Ibrahim Al-Jaber (Saudi TV presenter) : We'll teach the Kuwaitis a lesson in football on Wednesday!

Ibrahim who! Go play far!

Bashardo: Sami frightens us, but we'll win 2-1

nice one... unfortunately Saudi players don't read the newspapers before the match:eek:

Nasser Al-Johar (Saudi manager) : Kuwait at home is tougher than SK away!

Golden rule "increasing confidence reduces morale"... an old trick tough :cool:

MTC VODAFONE buys all match tickets, entrance is free

way to fill in the stadium :p

Al-Deayea' is called back to the Saudi team.

we'd love one of them again

Khalid Abdul-Kuddos called in to fill in Al-Mutawwa's shoes

GC16 arrogant equaliser :D

Saudi Newspapers remember the 1974 incident!!! when the Saudi fans were forced to leave the stadium, and Kuwait eventually won 4-0

31 years!!! I mean come on... play another card

nice poem

for Arabic readers only

18. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    An Arabian Gulf Derby.

A very classic match.

19. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    2-0 to Kuwait, How's that?[​IMG]

I can't wait... COME OOOOOOOOOON![​IMG]

20. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Come on Kuwait!!!! i think the game will end up as a draw or Saudi arabia scraping in a 1-0 win

21. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    heh, a draw will be nice, thank you :)

22. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes and a draw would do very nicely ;)

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It will be today at 19:45 LOCAL TIME, which is also the same for Saudi Arabia, GMT is 16:45. Here's the following time for following countries and time zones:
    Abu Dhabi : 20:45
    Addis Ababa : 19:45
    Adelaide : 2:15
    Algiers : 17:45
    Amman : 18:45
    Anchorage : 7:45
    Atlanta : 11:45
    Bangok : 23:45
    Barcelona : 18:45
    Berlin : 18:45
    Brasilia : 13:45
    Buenos Aires : 13:45
    Cairo : 18:45
    Canberra : 2:45
    Chicago : 10:45
    Denver : 9:45
    Detroit : 11:45
    Dublin : 17:45
    Geneva : 18:45
    Hong Kong : 00:45
    Houston : 10:45
    Islamabad : 21:45
    Istanbul : 19:45
    Jakarta : 11:45
    Jerasulem : 18:45
    Kuala Lumpur : 00:45
    Lagos, London, & Lisbon : 17:45
    Los Angeles : 8:45
    Madrid : 18:45
    Manila : 00:45
    Melbourne : 2:45
    Montreal : 11:45
    Moscow : 8:45
    New Delhi : 10:15
    New York : 11:45
    Oslo : 18:45
    Paris : 18:45
    Rome : 16:45
    San Francisco : 8:45
    Seoul : 1:45
    Shangai : 00:45
    Tehran : 21:15
    Tokyo : 1:45

24. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A win will be very bad for Koreans, but wonderful for Saudis.. ;) Win Saudi Arabia, inshallah.