[WCQ] Japan vs. Bahrain [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shuvy87, Mar 29, 2005.

1. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    M. Husain got second yello card.... (against Takahara...) Is Takahara okay? how many times he was bumped on head??

2. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bahrain's not threatening and Japan is up, but the boys in blue look anemic on offense. If this continues, they will get shellacked in Germany.

3. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    39' That corner from Nakamura looked better, more pace (like we've seen from Santos), but then follows with a loping fluff-ball that nobody's going to be able to head with force into the goal.

4. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    94' Nakamura <- Inamoto

FT 1-0

Japan gets 3 points.

5. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 1-0 Japan. Two decent shots by Bahrain in the last five minutes could have tied it, which frankly is unacceptable.

6. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    i'm not sure if I'm happy now... but. anyway, 3pt. hum....

7. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    why did Inamoto go in at the last second?

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let me be the first to congratulate you on your win... you needed this, and with NK out of the competition it's how it's suppose to be now... with Iran and Japan topping the group...

although, a late own goal is not much to boast about so I guess Japan needs to do way better than this when they are playing against Bahrain in Bahrain!

9. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Nakata: "The only objective in this game was to get 3 points. I'm pleased with this win."

Welcome back, Hide.

I think his performance in this 3-5-2 was quite good tonight. Japan should have score a few more goals, but it was much better than the North Korea game.

10. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan D: offsides trap worked well all night to cut out the longball threat.

Japan O: using Suzuki as a target man is not a good strategy. He doesn't win balls consistently and his touch is suspect. He's liable to lose the ball, and he doesn't find his teammates. Japan looked much better when their wingers beat a player or two off the dribble. Don't like the set play offense.

The gap in skill was big between Japan and Bahrain, but Japan won't be able to count on wingers running through defenses or on Suzuki as a target man (lol) against quality sides, especially quality sides with size.

Any thoughts?

11. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    Shut up iran. still happy about the fluke wins? Your luck has run out. Watch out or we will spank your weak team 5-0 the next time

Anyway, I love the way the grassrollers lost. They paid their own stupidity. Somebody needs to punch that goalkeeper to fix his issue.

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    take a chill pill Hama... :D

13. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    When was the last time Alex did something good for Japan? He's been pain in the ass for long time. Kaji was just as usual and useless though. I still don't understand why that idiot is still in the national team and Zico's obsession to him. For the sake of Japan, it's time for Kaji to retire from the national team by himself or no one will get rid of him

14. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time-wasting. Same reason Alex got a really stupid yellow well into extra time.

3pts is 3pts I guess.

15. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Ouch, a win is a win, but by an own goal at home... I guess Zico's luck is still holding - but mission accomplished, I guess.

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    run or Hama will jump you!

17. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I believe Japan x Bahrain was played at same rate that S.K. played against Kuwait.Of course Japan deserved 3 points,but I don't see an easy game at Bahrain.And IMO Japan really need to improve when we talk about scoring.Bahrain is Bahrain,but at WC when Japan could face teams like Argentina,Brasil or even Portugal/Czech with consistent attacks,something bad will occour.

18. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Japan created lots of chances tonight by dominating the midfield and crushing Bahrain counterattack in the midfield. Hopefully, we'll see better goals in the Kirin Cup.

19. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    They won't beat a real team like Japan unless they fullly commit to grassrolling. They finally failed today deservingly. At least, they gave us 5 minutes injury time so should be happy about that.

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    nah, Noah's a decent guy ;)

21. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    TV Asahi displays " 日本快勝 " I don't think it's the correct way of using Kaishou... Are we?

22. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Nahhh. Alex has been giving good crossess beautifully, an idiot is Suzuki who always wastes them. Don't blame it on Alex.

I'll not oppose that.

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congrats to Japan, Zico must have a nice lucky potion he uses before every game, he must have lost it though in Iran's game.

24. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Who's got the goals?

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'll take the 3 points. Blah.