WCQ: Costa Rica vs México; September 5, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Post. For science of course.

LGRod repped this.
  2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That and a few other times I felt like the players needed to let the ball go earlier and just take a shot. I get trying to get the best option but sometimes you shoot or miss the chance and I would rather they shoot.

CyberAce100 and LGRod repped this.
  3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I thought that Mexico played their best game in a while in a very tough situation against the best team in the hex (that's not Mexico) at home. Of course I go here and it looks like it was Costa Rica who bossed all game. Don't get it.

Mexico needs to kill the goals but Tecatito did well. Vela was a ghost these 2 games and if he's not playing, he's not going to do well. He's not a guy who does well at that.

Triangulito, JJV1994 and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  4. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Costa Rica was a goal post away from winning the game. Absolutely no excuse for letting this game end up that close. Especially if “we played our best game in a while.”

Playing our best game would have left this game 2-0 at minimum.

5. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The game was pretty even in the first 30 or so. Mexico looked better till the 75-80. I think it was a good game but I still don't understand why the team never puts in a true DM. Jona was holding the line after Guardado left but he was pretty gassed after, especially since they couldn't keep possession. Reyes did good on his defensive parts but his passing was not so great.

JJV1994 and Otaku repped this.
  6. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it's more that people are irritated about Mexico squandering their chances more than anything else.

7. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Have to give Memo his props, those were some top level saves from him.

[​IMG]

Also my breh @Sleepy Spaceman's tocayo was a pleasant surprise at RB. He did well and even had some nice dribbles into the CR defense. Might be a good battle between him and Salcedo if Salcedo continues as RB.

8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good chance the nads could be left out of the world cup if they lose their next two and if Honduras wins their next two.

9. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rolf, it's from a commercial from the awful NBC Universo show "El Vato".

LGRod and Otaku repped this.
  10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Hitting the post in the last minute doesn't take away that it was the best game Mexico played away in the hex besides Columbus. Mexico was already qualified and didn't have their best man and were the better team in the toughest venue right now. It's frustrating but it was the best game in a while (probably since the 1st CC game).

Yeah it's frustrating result but that doesn't mean it was a bad game overall for Mexico.

...In my defense and JJV1994 repped this.
  11. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your bias is showing.

Baysic repped this.
  12. Chuky

Chuky Member

May 22, 2017
    Our players are a bunch of bitches. Les falta huevos, coraje, enojo, agresion, le tienen miedo ala confrontacion, no le gritan al rival no presionan al arbitro, el rival les mete con todo la pata, el codo, la cabeza y estos les da miedo lastimar al contrario cuando el otro le vale si quiebra a nuestros jugadores.
    Tengo como 5 años siguiendo a esta seleccion and this shit is getting old, its getting hard watching this group of guys getting bullied and made to look like bunch of butches with no response from them

13. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    I see your post and have to ask did you watch the game? Our GK was MOTM, our goal was own goal, and a late post allowed an escape with a draw. That sounds like a best game to you?

Puma76, chivamex10, DankYummy and 6 others repped this.
  14. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree it wasn't bad overall. I hate that we finish every single match in the same manner though. Always under pressure and waiting on the whistle. They need to work on that.

15. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    T&T won't beat them

16. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed, there were some nice things and finally some showing of cohesion. The defense looked much more organized and made some great stops, (but I do have to say Moreno made a couple really bonehead passes that were risky.) Gallardo and especially Alvarez stepped it up. The mid held and distributed well.

Good game and better functionality of the team and what Osorio wants them to do. Still the cloud of not being able to go for the jugular hangs over this team. Sure, here it wasn't as big of a deal since they are qualified and get a point away to the 2nd best team, but at the WC it's something that has come back to bite us in the ass again and again.

17. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    DGreat, chivamex10, Neymadres and 8 others repped this.
  18. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

LGRod repped this.
  19. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    I completely agree. Why can't they understand that offense is sometimes your best defense..

OliverAtom and Colima24 repped this.
  20. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    What positive can you take from a game like this when the coach refuses to repeat players.

Otaku and Colima24 repped this.
  21. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chucky playing like we hoped he would for Mexico, since leaving to Europe. It really was a weight off his shoulders.

DankYummy, JJV1994 and LGRod repped this.
  22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    WTF? Is this your take? I saw that in a game where Mexico was already thru and Costa Rica at home needing a win, Mexico was the better team, had the most control of the game for the most part and came thru with a point, something that has been tough for Mexican teams in the past. It was in San Jose and Costa Rica had EVERYBODY but Campbell out there while we had Jair Pereira starting. It should have been closer to the early minutes when Ruiz and the others came strong instead of how it went.

JJV1994 repped this.
  23. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    chivamex10, DankYummy, Otaku and 14 others repped this.
  24. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

pinchi

centrales

en la cancha.

Just fuck off dude.

Reyes at DM was awful, gave away the ball at least 4 times.
    Gallardo & Edson were good.
    Too many times the forwards/midfielders didn't let go of the ball when they should have.
    The mid was ok I guess.
    Vela came in lethargic. Gio was not awful for a change.
    Memin Pinguin showing who's phuckin boss, as always.

Geiger let them get away with too much, should have doled out at least 1 red card to them.
    We had this game in the bag and we relented. No lessons learned from 2014.

This is why we can't into quarter finals.

DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  25. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    My take, we had apparent control of the game when we attacked but like usual it was a goddamn highway in front of our CBs who had almost no protection in front of them on counters. They were forced into desperate defending situations all night and did surprisingly well in that regard. A fierce and ruthless opponent would have punished Mexico goleada style.

While he had what seemed like control, there was no cutting edge. Passes were too hard, too short, too late, etc..., Shots were too late, too early, too high, too weak. etc... The entire night was like that, oh so close but nada. Being objective, much of that "control" was due to Ticos passiveness. They did not have the bite we're used to seeing. They did turn it up late though.

The Vela and Tecatito subs were complete negatives, like playing with 9 players.

In summary, performance that looked more in control than it really was. Lucky to escape with a point thanks to Memo. The subs were complete failures, along with clear lack of desire and cutting edge to finish off the opponent.

DankYummy, JJV1994, OliverAtom and 2 others repped this.